Hello music lovers! Are you tired of missing out on your favorite bands’ shows in St. Louis? Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered with the St. Louis live music calendar. This article is your ultimate guide to all the upcoming concerts and events in the city. Say goodbye to aimlessly scrolling through social media feeds or missing out on seeing your favorite bands play live in concert. In this article, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to stay up-to-date with the latest music happenings in St. Louis.
By the end of this article, you can expect to have a comprehensive overview of all the live music shows happening in St. Louis. We understand the frustration of hearing about a concert too late or not knowing where to find information about concerts in St. Louis. That’s why we’ve done the research for you and compiled everything you need to know about upcoming shows in the city.
This article will present a solution to your live music show woes. We’ve scoured the internet and compiled a list of upcoming concerts and shows in St. Louis, so you don’t have to. Not only will we provide you with a comprehensive calendar, but we’ll also give you insider tips on how to make the most of your concert experience. So, sit back, relax, and prepare to be blown away by the amazing live music scene in St. Louis.
The Best Venues for Live Music in St. Louis
St. Louis is home to a vibrant and diverse music scene with a variety of venues that cater to different tastes and genres. Whether you are into jazz, blues, rock, or indie music, the city has something to offer for everyone. In this section, we will highlight the best venues for live music in St. Louis.
1. The Pageant
The Pageant is one of the most popular and iconic music venues in St. Louis. Located in the Delmar Loop neighborhood, the venue has a capacity of 2,300 and has hosted some of the biggest names in music, including Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and Coldplay. Here are some reasons why The Pageant is a must-visit venue for live music lovers in St. Louis:
- Top-notch sound and lighting: The Pageant has a state-of-the-art sound system that provides crystal-clear audio quality for every performance. The lighting design is also impressive, with a variety of colors and effects that enhance the overall concert experience.
- Spacious and comfortable: The venue has a spacious interior with plenty of room to move around and dance. The seating is also comfortable, with a mix of tables, chairs, and standing areas.
- Great location: The Pageant is situated in the heart of the Delmar Loop, which is a vibrant and lively neighborhood with plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops. The venue is easily accessible by public transportation, and there is plenty of parking nearby.
- Diverse lineup: The Pageant hosts a wide range of musical acts, from mainstream pop stars to underground indie bands. Regardless of your musical preferences, you are likely to find a performance that suits your taste at The Pageant.
- Unique architecture: The building that houses The Pageant is a former movie theater from the 1920s, and it has retained much of its historic charm and character. The venue’s interior features ornate decorations and a grand staircase that adds to the overall ambiance.
If you are planning to attend a concert at The Pageant, it is recommended that you buy your tickets in advance, as the venue often sells out quickly. Additionally, be sure to arrive early to secure a good spot and make the most of your concert experience.
|Pros||– Top-notch sound and lighting||– Spacious and comfortable||– Great location||– Diverse lineup||– Unique architecture|
|Cons||– Can be expensive||– Crowded during popular shows||– Limited food and drink options||– No re-entry policy||– Limited accessibility for disabled patrons|
Overall, The Pageant is a fantastic venue that offers a top-notch live music experience. With its impressive sound and lighting, comfortable seating, unique architecture, and diverse lineup, it is no wonder that it is one of the most popular music destinations in St. Louis.
St. Louis, Missouri, is known for its rich music history, with legendary performers such as Chuck Berry, Ike and Tina Turner, and Miles Davis hailing from the city. St. Louis continues to be a vibrant city for live music, with a variety of venues and events catering to different genres of music. However, navigating the live music scene in St. Louis can be a challenge, especially for newcomers. Here are some tips for navigating St. Louis’ live music scene like a pro:
Research the Venues
St. Louis has a variety of venues for live music, ranging from small bars and clubs to large outdoor arenas. It is important to research the venues before attending a show to get an idea of the size, location, and atmosphere. Some popular venues in St. Louis include The Pageant, The Blueberry Hill Duck Room, and The Ready Room. The venue’s website or social media pages will have information on upcoming shows, ticket prices, and any age restrictions.
Check the City’s Annual Music Festivals
St. Louis is home to several annual music festivals that cater to different genres of music. These festivals provide an opportunity to see multiple artists in one event and experience different types of music. Some of St. Louis’ popular music festivals include the LouFest, the St. Louis Jazz and Heritage Festival, and the Missouri River Festival of the Arts. These festivals usually take place during the summer months and offer a variety of food and drink options.
Follow Local Artists and Bands
There are several local artists and bands in St. Louis that perform at various venues around the city. Following these artists and bands on social media and attending their shows can give you an insight into the local music scene and help you discover new sounds. St. Louis has a diverse music scene with genres such as blues, jazz, rap, rock, and country being represented.
Consider Getting a Seasonal Membership
Several venues in St. Louis offer seasonal memberships that allow members to attend multiple shows at a discounted rate. These memberships are a good option for those who attend live music events frequently and want to save money on ticket prices. For example, the Old Rock House in St. Louis offers a VIP Club Membership that includes admission to all shows, priority seating, and discounted drinks.
Utilize Transportation Options
Navigating St. Louis can be difficult, especially if you are not familiar with the area. It is important to plan transportation options ahead of time to ensure a hassle-free experience. Some options for getting to and from live music events include public transportation, ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft, or parking in a nearby parking lot.
Table: Comparison of St. Louis Music Venues
|The Pageant||2,000+||Delmar Loop||All genres||Varies by show|
|The Blueberry Hill Duck Room||300||University City||Rock, alternative||Varies by show|
|The Ready Room||800||Cherokee Street||Rock, hip-hop, electronic||Varies by show|
- Research the venues before attending a show
- Check the city’s annual music festivals
- Follow local artists and bands
- Consider getting a seasonal membership
- Utilize transportation options
In summary, navigating St. Louis’ live music scene requires some planning and research. By researching the venues, checking the city’s annual music festivals, following local artists and bands, getting a seasonal membership, and utilizing transportation options, you can experience the vibrant and diverse music scene that St. Louis has to offer.
Finding Hidden Gems in St. Louis’ Live Music Calendar
St. Louis is a city with a rich history in music. Hosting various music festivals every year, the city presents a unique music calendar to its inhabitants and tourists alike. However, it’s not always easy to find the best live music events in the city. This article will guide you through the essential tips to discover the hidden gems of St. Louis’ live music calendar.
One of the best ways to find hidden gems in St. Louis is to plan ahead. By consulting the city’s live music calendar, you can pick out events that aren’t as well-known but still offer great music. Here are some essential tips to plan ahead:
- Check the calendar regularly – The live music calendar in St. Louis is always being updated. Therefore, it’s crucial to check the calendar frequently to find out what events are happening.
- Look for lesser-known venues – While established venues like the Blueberry Hill and Delmar Hall regularly host popular acts, there are numerous smaller venues in the city that host talented musicians who haven’t hit the mainstream yet.
- Take note of free shows – Many bars and restaurants in St. Louis host live music events that are free to attend. This is an excellent way to discover new musicians without breaking the bank.
One of the best places to find a comprehensive list of music events in St. Louis is online. You can find information on the city’s official website, local publications, or music websites like ReverbNation and Bandsintown.
Explore Different Genres
St. Louis has a ton of musical diversity, which means that there are the hidden gems of music in every genre. Here are some tips on how to explore different musical genres:
- Attend music festivals – St. Louis hosts a range of music festivals that focus on different genres like Jazz, Blues and Country music. These festivals offer a great opportunity to explore different genres and discover new artists.
- Check out local bands – Locally based musicians often perform in smaller venues in town, and many up-and-coming bands present unique genres that you may not have heard of before.
- Listen to radio stations – There are many radio stations in St. Louis that focus on niche genres. Listening to these radio stations can help you find hidden gems in a wide variety of genres.
By immersing yourself in different genres of music, you can find new artists that you would never have discovered otherwise.
Be Open to New Experiences
Another great way to find hidden gems in St. Louis’ live music calendar is to be open to new experiences. You never know what kind of music might take your breath away. Here are some tips to staying open:
- Try something new – Attend music events that feature new musicians, genres, and venues. This is the best chance to expand your musical horizons and find new unexplored genres.
- Interact with other fans – Interact with other fans at music events. They may tell you about other events or musicians that you would not have encountered otherwise.
- Listen to live music regularly – St. Louis has a variety of bars, restaurants, and music halls that host live music events regularly. Attending these events regularly will expose you to new artists and genres, which could lead you to your next favorite musician.
By being open to new experiences, you can discover hidden gems of music that others would have missed out on.
The St. Louis live music calendar is packed with hidden gems, but it takes effort to find them. By planning ahead, exploring different genres, and being open to new experiences, you can discover incredible new musicians and events that will enrich your life. So, this summer, challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone and explore the music scene in St. Louis. Happy listening!
The Must-See Events on St. Louis’ Live Music Calendar
When it comes to live music, St. Louis has a lot to offer. From intimate clubs to larger arenas, there are countless venues to choose from. In this article, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the must-see events on St. Louis’ live music calendar.
Jazz St. Louis: The Best of the Best
Jazz St. Louis is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting and preserving jazz music in St. Louis. They offer a variety of programs and events throughout the year, including concerts, educational programs, and community outreach initiatives. When it comes to live jazz music in St. Louis, Jazz St. Louis is the place to be.
Weekly Jam Sessions
One of the highlights of Jazz St. Louis is their weekly jam sessions. These sessions take place every Wednesday night at the Ferring Jazz Bistro and are free to attend. Musicians from all over St. Louis come to play, and you never know who might show up. It’s a great way to discover new talent and enjoy the best jazz music St. Louis has to offer.
The St. Louis Jazz Festival
Another must-see event on Jazz St. Louis’ calendar is the St. Louis Jazz Festival. This annual event takes place in June and features some of the best jazz musicians from around the world. The festival is held outdoors and features a variety of jazz styles, from traditional to contemporary. Attendees can enjoy food and drink from local vendors while soaking up the beautiful St. Louis weather.
Jazz at the Bistro
Jazz at the Bistro is another program offered by Jazz St. Louis. This series brings in some of the biggest names in jazz music to perform at the Ferring Jazz Bistro. The venue is small and intimate, allowing for an up-close and personal jazz experience.
The Pageant: Big Names in an Intimate Setting
The Pageant is a concert venue located in the Delmar Loop neighborhood of St. Louis. It has won multiple awards for its acoustics and is known for attracting big-name acts in a more intimate setting.
Artists You Wouldn’t Expect
One of the great things about The Pageant is that they attract a wide variety of music genres. While they have hosted some of the biggest names in music, they also bring in artists that you wouldn’t expect to see in a concert venue. For example, NPR’s podcast “My Brother, My Brother, and Me” hosts a live recording at The Pageant each year.
The Pageant New Music Showcase
Another great event on The Pageant’s calendar is the New Music Showcase. This annual event gives local St. Louis bands the chance to perform on The Pageant’s stage. The winner of the showcase gets to open for a national act at The Pageant.
Big Names, Small Venue
One of the benefits of seeing a concert at The Pageant is the intimate setting. While some of the acts might be considered big enough to fill an arena, they choose to perform at The Pageant instead, giving fans a more personal concert experience.
The Muny: Outdoor Broadway Under the Stars
The Muny is an outdoor theater located in Forest Park. It is one of the largest outdoor theaters in the country and has been providing St. Louisans with Broadway-style entertainment for over 100 years.
The Largest Outdoor Theater in the Country
One of the things that make The Muny special is its size. It can seat over 11,000 people and has a stage that is larger than most Broadway theaters. The outdoor setting also adds to the experience, allowing attendees to enjoy a show under the stars.
Broadway in St. Louis
The Muny is also well known for its Broadway-style productions. Each year, they bring in a variety of shows, from classics like “South Pacific” to modern hits like “Hamilton”. The Muny has been a stepping stone for many Broadway actors and actresses, providing them with the chance to showcase their talents on a large stage.
The Free Seats
One of the best things about The Muny is the availability of free seats. Each night, 1,500 seats are made available for free on a first-come, first-served basis. This allows everyone the chance to enjoy a show at The Muny, regardless of their financial situation.
|Large outdoor setting||Can be difficult to hear due to outdoor acoustics|
|Free seats available||No outside food or drink allowed|
|Broadway-style productions||Shows may be cancelled due to weather|
In conclusion, St. Louis’ live music calendar has a lot to offer. With venues like Jazz St. Louis, The Pageant, and The Muny, there is something for everyone. Whether you’re a jazz aficionado or a Broadway enthusiast, these must-see events are sure to leave you entertained and inspired.
St. Louis Live Music Festivals You Can’t Miss
St. Louis is a music lover’s paradise as it offers a diverse range of music genres throughout the year. The city is known for its live concerts, music festivals, and events. Attending a live music festival is an opportunity to experience the vibe, the culture, and indulge in the music.
The benefits of attending a music festival
Attending a music festival is not just about listening to good music; it offers an experience to remember. Here are some benefits of attending a music festival:
- Meet new people: Attending a music festival offers an opportunity to meet new people and socialize with people who share common interests.
- Familiarize yourself with new artists: Music festivals feature a range of artists, including those who are not mainstream, providing an opportunity to discover new musicians.
- Experience the culture: Each music festival offers a unique cultural experience, with artists and performances that reflect the history and traditions of the region.
- Escape everyday stresses: Festivals offer a break from routine and an opportunity to let loose and enjoy music, food, and drinks.
Attending music festivals is becoming increasingly popular, with millions of people attending festivals annually. For instance, according to Statista, the total attendance at music festivals in the US has grown from 23.4 million in 2012 to 32 million in 2019.
Top St. Louis live music festivals
1. Lou Fest: Lou Fest is one of the largest and most popular music festivals in St. Louis. The festival brings together popular artists from different genres such as rock, indie, pop, and hip hop. Some of the biggest artists who have performed at Lou Fest include, Weezer, Snoop Dogg, and Hozier.
2. Taste of St. Louis: Taste of St. Louis is a popular annual event that brings together local chefs, restaurants, and breweries. The event features live music performances over a three-day schedule. Some of the past music artists who have performed at Taste of St. Louis include Gavin DeGraw, The Revivalists, and Third Eye Blind.
3. The Big Muddy Blues Festival: The Big Muddy Blues Festival is a two-day event that celebrates the rich history and culture of the blues music genre. It features local and regional blues artists who perform on two outdoor stages. The festival also offers food, drinks, and arts & craft vendors. It usually takes place on Labor Day weekend.
4. Rib America Festival: Rib America Festival is an annual event that brings together popular country music and ribs. Some of the past music artists who have performed at the festival include Brad Paisley, Jake Owen, and Montgomery Gentry. Attendees also get to indulge in delicious ribs cooked by local BBQ restaurants.
5. Whitaker Music Festival: The Whitaker Music Festival is a free, outdoor concert series that takes place at the Missouri Botanical Garden. The festival runs from May through August and brings together local artists from a variety of music genres such as blues, jazz, and folk. The festival also features food, drinks, and artisan vendors.
Pros and cons of attending music festivals
Before deciding to attend a music festival, it is essential to consider the pros and cons to determine if it is the right decision for you.
While attending music festivals has its downsides, it offers a unique experience that is unmatched. The key is to be prepared and mindful of the potential challenges.
In conclusion, St. Louis has a vibrant music scene that offers something for everyone. Live music festivals provide an opportunity to enjoy music, connect with people, and experience the culture. Whether you attend Lou Fest, Whitaker Music Festival, or any other festival, the experience is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Frequently Asked Questions about St Louis Live Music Calendar
What is the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
The St Louis live music calendar is a resource that lists upcoming live music events in the St Louis area. It is updated regularly with information on the date, time, location, and performers of each event.
Where can I find the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
The St Louis live music calendar can be found on various websites and social media platforms including Explore St Louis, Riverfront Times, and Facebook events. It is also updated on some individual venue’s websites.
What type of music genres are included in the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
The St Louis live music calendar includes a wide range of genres including rock, jazz, blues, country, hip-hop, pop, and more. It represents the diverse musical culture of the city and there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Is there an admission fee for the events listed in the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
The admission fee for each event listed in the St Louis live music calendar varies. Some events may be free, while others may require a ticket purchase or cover charge. It is best to check the event details for any admission fees.
How often is the St Louis Live Music Calendar updated?
The St Louis live music calendar is updated regularly, with new events added as soon as they are announced. However, the frequency of updates may vary between different websites and platforms.
Are there any age restrictions for the events listed in the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
Some events listed in the St Louis live music calendar may have age restrictions. It is important to check the individual event details for any age restrictions or requirements.
Can I add my own event to the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
Some websites and platforms that host the St Louis live music calendar may allow users to submit their own events. However, it’s important to note that not all websites or platforms permit user submissions, and there could be guidelines and restrictions for event submissions that differ from one site to another.
Can I search for events on the St Louis Live Music Calendar by location or date?
Some websites and platforms that host the St Louis live music calendar allow you to search for events by location, date, or other criteria. It’s a useful feature that can help you find the events you’re interested in attending more easily.
Is there a mobile app for the St Louis Live Music Calendar?
There are some mobile apps, which serve as the St Louis live music calendar. The apps provide an additional level of convenience, allowing you to browse and search through events on your mobile device even when you’re on the go.
Yes, you can follow St Louis Live Music Calendar on various social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, to receive updates on new events added to the calendar. It is a good way to stay informed about the latest live music events happening in and around St Louis.
The St Louis live music calendar is an excellent resource for anyone looking to explore the vibrant music scene in St Louis. It provides a comprehensive list of upcoming events in the area and is regularly updated. You can find a range of music genres on the calendar, and there is an event for everyone to enjoy. After reading this article, you can visit the St Louis live music calendar to check out upcoming events and plan your next night out on the town. Don’t miss out on the exciting live music scene in St Louis, and stay tuned for more articles on Explore St Louis. Goodbye for now and happy exploring!