Are you tired of the same old dinner and a movie date night? Do you crave something different, something with a little more flavor and excitement? Look no further than restaurants with live music in San Antonio! In this article, we’ll explore the top eateries in the city offering scrumptious food accompanied by talented musicians. Whether you’re a local looking for a fun night out or a tourist seeking an authentic San Antonio experience, we’ve got you covered.
By the end of this article, you’ll have a comprehensive list of restaurants with live music to choose from, as well as insider tips on what to expect at each venue. We’ll delve into the ambiance, cuisine, and musical genres, giving you everything you need to make an informed decision about your next night out. Whether you prefer jazz or blues, Mexican or Italian cuisine, we’ve got something for everyone.
Not only will you discover the best restaurants with live music in San Antonio, but you’ll also learn why this trend has become so popular in recent years. With the rise of social media and the desire for unique experiences, diners are looking for more than just a tasty meal. They want an immersive dining experience, complete with delicious food and live entertainment. Plus, research shows that listening to music while eating can enhance the overall enjoyment of the meal. So, why settle for a quiet dinner when you could have dinner and a show?
Best Restaurants in San Antonio for Live Music
San Antonio has no shortage of good restaurants, but restaurants with live music take the dining experience to a whole new level. Music lovers will appreciate the perfect blend of food and music in San Antonio’s best restaurants. To help you make dining decisions, we have compiled a list of the top restaurants in San Antonio with live music.
1. The Cove
The Cove is a gem nestled on the banks of San Antonio’s historic Riverwalk. This restaurant is known not only for its great food but also for hosting live music seven days a week. They feature an outdoor stage with a relaxing and casual atmosphere. If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, The Cove is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy some live music.
- The Cove is a family-friendly restaurant that specializes in seafood, burgers, and comfort food.
- The restaurant offers a diverse beer selection, including over 50 beers on tap that pair well with their delicious menu.
- The live music lineup is a mix of local musicians, jazz artists, and singer-songwriters. The restaurant has a separate events page on its website where you can find detailed information about upcoming shows.
- The Cove is eco-friendly and practices sustainable business practices. The restaurant has installed solar panels that generate the majority of their energy requirements. They also use compostable products and recycle everything they can.
|Great food selection||Outdoor seating can be a bit crowded|
|Daily live music||Service can be slow during peak hours|
|Family-friendly atmosphere||Entertainment can be too loud for some diners|
|Environmentally friendly business practices||Restaurant parking can be hard to find|
The Cove has won numerous awards for its sustainability practices, including the Sustainable Food Center’s 2018 Taste of Texas Award. The restaurant has also won many accolades for its food and service, making it a must-visit spot in San Antonio for music lovers and foodies alike.
Hot Spots for Dining and Live Music in San Antonio
San Antonio is a city that is rich in history, culture and, of course, food. Its diverse culinary scene boasts a wide variety of cuisines and dining experiences, including those that come with live music. San Antonio’s live music scene is vibrant and engaging, punctuated with numerous bars and restaurants that offer live music in a relaxed, informal setting. In this article, we highlight the top dining spots with live music in San Antonio.
1. Jazz, Blues, and Soul at Sam’s Burger Joint
Sam’s Burger Joint is located in San Antonio’s hip St. Mary’s Strip neighborhood and is known for hosting an array of live performances, including jazz, blues, and soul music. The restaurant has regularly hosted local and regional musicians who electrify the intimate space with their music. Established in 1990, Sam’s Burger Joint has a long history of supporting local musicians and providing one-of-a-kind concert experiences. They serve delicious burgers, handmade pizzas, salads, and award-winning fries, all of which can be enjoyed while listening to the live performances.
- Serving delicious burgers, handmade pizzas, and salads
- Historic venue with a long history of supporting local musicians
- An intimate space that brings musicians and diners together
- Offered a wide range of live performances, including jazz, blues, and soul music
One of the restaurant’s most notable events is the weekly “Friday Night Hang,” which has been running for over 10 years. The hang offers a unique opportunity for musicians to network, showcase their talent and learn from one another. The event has helped to foster a strong and supportive music community, and it’s not uncommon to witness legendary sets and collaborations taking place.
2. Mexican Food and Mariachi Music at Mi Tierra Café Y Panadería
Mi Tierra Café Y Panadería is a well-known San Antonio restaurant that has been serving Mexican food since 1941. It is located in the historic El Mercado Market Square and is famous for its lively, festive atmosphere with live mariachi music. The restaurant is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which makes it a popular destination for both locals and tourists. Additionally, there’s a bakery onsite that offers an array of traditional Mexican sweets and baked goods.
- A well-known restaurant that has been serving Mexican food since 1941
- The restaurant is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Known for its lively, festive atmosphere with live mariachi music
- A bakery onsite that offers traditional Mexican sweets and baked goods
One of the things that make Mi Tierra Café Y Panadería stand out is the incredible history and tradition behind it. The restaurant has been run by the Cortez family for three generations, and its walls are lined with photographs and memorabilia that highlight the family’s history and contributions to the local community. Over the years, Mi Tierra Café Y Panadería has become an iconic San Antonio destination, and its tradition of plying customers with delicious food and lively music shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
3. Fine Dining with Jazz at Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood
Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood is a high-class fine dining restaurant located in downtown San Antonio. The restaurant is known for its exceptional steaks, fresh seafood, and wide selection of wine and whiskey. Additionally, the restaurant also features live jazz music on select evenings. The sophisticated ambiance is perfect for special occasions and is popular among business people and the city’s elite.
- A high-class fine dining restaurant located in downtown San Antonio
- Known for its exceptional steaks, fresh seafood, and wide selection of wine and whiskey
- Features live jazz music on select evenings
- A sophisticated ambiance perfect for special occasions
Bohanan’s is notable for its approach to providing a unique dining experience, with incredible attention to detail. The restaurant is always looking for ways to innovate and improve the dining experience. Recently, the restaurant has added a separate oyster bar to enhance its seafood offerings. The establishment has also invested in a barrel-aged program for cocktails, creating unique and flavorful drinks that are exclusive to the restaurant.
San Antonio is full of fantastic dining options with live music experiences, each one with its unique character and style. These three restaurants are just some of the many options available and provide diners with an unforgettable night of music, food, and culture. From boisterous mariachi to sophisticated jazz, these restaurants highlight the city’s diverse live music offerings. So, gather your friends and family, head out to one of these spots, and be prepared for a night of memorable dining and live music.
3. Best restaurants with live music in San Antonio
San Antonio has a thriving restaurant scene, and dining with live music entertainment is one of its specialties. Some of the best restaurants with live music in San Antonio offer a variety of music styles, ranging from jazz, blues, and rock and roll to country and Latin beats. In this section, we will guide you through the best restaurants with live music in San Antonio.
1. Jazz, Blues, and Rock and Roll restaurants
San Antonio is a hub for live jazz, blues, and rock and roll music, and there are several restaurants that offer an unforgettable dining experience combined with live music entertainment. Here are some of the best jazz, blues, and rock and roll restaurants in San Antonio:
- Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood: Bohanan’s is a renowned fine-dine steakhouse in San Antonio that also offers live jazz music every night of the week. Patrons can expect to hear smooth jazz sounds throughout their meal at Bohanan’s.
- Sam’s Burger Joint: Sam’s Burger Joint is a popular local joint for both burgers and live music. The smart casual restaurant serves classic burgers and cocktails while hosting an array of live music events throughout the week.
- Ocho Lounge: The Ocho Lounge at Hotel Havana is an intimate and romantic spot where guests can sip on cocktails and enjoy live jazz music. The lounge serves a blend of Texan and Cuban-inspired cuisine, making it a perfect date night spot for the foodies.
2. Country and Tex-Mex restaurants
If you’re a fan of live country and Texas-style music, several restaurants in San Antonio have got you covered. The South Texas city is known for its Tex-Mex cuisine, which is a blend of Mexican and Texan flavors. Here are some of the best country and Tex-Mex restaurants in San Antonio:
- Blanco BBQ: This smokehouse-style restaurant serves traditional Texas BBQ and features live country music every Friday and Saturday evening. The restaurant’s cozy ambiance, delicious food, and live music make Blanco BBQ a popular late-night spot.
- The Rustic: The Rustic serves a popular blend of Texas-style food and cocktails, and has become one of the premier live music venues in San Antonio. The restaurant features an outdoor stage for live music events and a menu that highlights farm fresh ingredients.
- Cancun Mexican Restaurant: Cancun Mexican Restaurant serves authentic Mexican cuisine in a festive atmosphere. Patrons can enjoy live music from local artists that play a blend of Tejano and country music every second Friday of the month.
3. Latin and International cuisine restaurants
San Antonio’s culinary scene is also heavily influenced by Latin and international flavors. Several restaurants in the city offer a fusion of international and Texan cuisine that’s often accompanied by live Latin music. Here are some of the best Latin and international cuisine restaurants in San Antonio;
- La Fogata: La Fogata is a family-owned Mexican restaurant that is renowned for its authentic Mexican cuisine and lively atmosphere. The restaurant features live music from local Latin artists and has a spacious dance floor where patrons can show off their salsa skills.
- The Esquire Tavern: The Esquire Tavern is San Antonio’s oldest bar, and it’s unusual to find a live Latin music performance in this joint. But on Tuesdays, the bar turns into a Latin oasis, where patrons can enjoy traditional Cuban music while sipping on signature cocktails.
- Sangria on the Burg: Sangria on the Burg is a Spanish-inspired restaurant that serves tapas, paella, and craft cocktails. The restaurant hosts several live music events throughout the week, featuring a blend of Spanish, Brazilian, and Caribbean music styles.
|Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood||Jazz||Fine-dine steakhouse||Intimate and elegant||Renowned fine-dine steakhouse with daily live music||Expensive prices|
|Sam’s Burger Joint||Rock and Roll and Blues||Burgers, sandwiches and drinks||Relaxed and casual||Great place for burgers and live music||No reserved seating|
|Ocho Lounge||Jazz||Texan and Cuban-inspired cuisine||Intimate and romantic||Great jazz music venue and fusion cuisine||Small venue, limited seating|
|Blanco BBQ||Country||Texas-style BBQ||Outdoor patio with picnic tables and live music stage||Authentic BBQ and live music||Small location, long waiting time at peak hours|
|The Rustic||Country and Rock||Texan-style cuisine and cocktails||Eclectic and trendy||Outdoor live music stage and creative cocktails||Noisy when crowded|
|Cancun Mexican Restaurant||Tejano and Country||Authentic Mexican cuisine||Colorful and festive||Live music, great service, and large portions||Long waiting time at peak hours, limited seating|
|La Fogata||Latin||Authentic Mexican cuisine||Colorful and lively||Great food, live Latin music, and dance floor||Limited seating, long waiting time at peak hours|
|The Esquire Tavern||Cuban||Pub grub and cocktails||Historical landmark and hipster vibe||Great cocktails, Cuban music, and top-notch service||Small space, no food service after 10 pm|
|Sangria on the Burg||Spanish, Brazilian, and Caribbean||Spanish-inspired cuisine and cocktails||Inviting and cozy||Live music events and sangria pitchers||Noisy during live band performances|
In conclusion, San Antonio’s restaurant scene with live music is something that should be experienced for everyone. From casual burger joints and eclectic taverns to upscale restaurants and nightclubs, San Antonio has a diverse range of options that cater to both locals and tourists. Dinner with live music is an experience that will undoubtedly leave patrons with unforgettable memories.
Discovering the Best Live Music Venues in San Antonio Restaurants
San Antonio is a city with a rich history of live music, and there is no better way to experience it than by visiting some of its restaurants with live music. From rock and blues to jazz and country, there is something for everyone in this lively city. In this article, we will explore some of the best live music venues in San Antonio restaurants, and what makes them stand out.
1. Understanding San Antonio’s Music Scene
San Antonio is a city that loves its live music, and it has a long and diverse musical history. Some of the most famous musicians to come out of San Antonio include blues legends Robert Johnson and Johnny Winter, as well as country and western swing icon Bob Wills. Today, San Antonio is home to a vibrant music scene, which includes everything from rock and roll to jazz, country, and Tejano music.
2. The Best Restaurants with Live Music in San Antonio
There are many restaurants in San Antonio that feature live music. Here are some of the best:
- The Cove
- The Cove is a popular restaurant with a focus on fresh, organic food, and live music. It features an outdoor stage and hosts regular concerts featuring local and national artists.
- The Cove is a family-friendly place with a laid-back atmosphere, making it the perfect spot for a night out with friends or family.
- The restaurant is known for its burgers, fries, and craft beer, all of which can be enjoyed while watching the live music performances.
- Sam’s Burger Joint is an iconic restaurant and music venue that has been around since 1990. It’s known for its burgers and live music, which includes acts ranging from blues and rock to jazz and country.
- The restaurant has a main stage and a smaller stage, which allows it to host multiple shows on the same night.
- Sam’s Burger Joint also hosts a popular open mic night where local musicians can showcase their talents.
- County Line BBQ is a restaurant that specializes in Texas-style barbecue and live music. It has been around since 1975 and is known for its ribs, brisket, and sausage.
- The restaurant’s outdoor patio is a popular spot for live music performances, which feature local and national acts.
- County Line BBQ also hosts an annual music festival called the Texas Music Series, which brings together some of the best Texas musicians for a weekend of music and barbecue.
- Gruene Hall is not technically in San Antonio, but it’s worth the short drive to New Braunfels to experience this iconic live music venue.
- It’s the oldest continuously operating dance hall in Texas, and it has hosted some of the biggest names in music, including Willie Nelson and George Strait.
- Gruene Hall is a popular spot for live music and dancing, and it hosts regular concerts featuring local and national acts.
3. Pros and Cons of Restaurants with Live Music
If you are considering visiting a restaurant with live music in San Antonio, here are some pros and cons to keep in mind:
|– Provides a fun and entertaining atmosphere||– Can be loud and overwhelming for some|
|– Gives you a chance to discover new music||– May have a limited menu or service during performances|
|– Often features talented local musicians||– May require a cover charge or minimum purchase|
|– Allows you to support local businesses||– Can be crowded and difficult to find seating|
Whether you’re a music lover or just looking for a fun night out, San Antonio’s restaurants with live music have something for everyone. From the laid-back atmosphere of The Cove to the iconic Gruene Hall, there are plenty of venues to explore. Just remember to keep in mind the pros and cons, and make sure to bring your dancing shoes!
Where to Enjoy Great Food and Live Music in San Antonio
San Antonio is well-known for its delicious cuisine and rich musical culture. As visitors and locals alike explore the city, they are sure to find some of the best restaurants with live music in all of Texas. From traditional Tex-Mex to innovative dining experiences, San Antonio has something for everyone.
1. The Rustic
The Rustic is one of the best restaurants in San Antonio for live music and great food. The Rustic is a Texas-inspired dining and drinking destination that features live music. Guests can enjoy dishes made from local, seasonal ingredients that reflect the rich cultural heritage of San Antonio.
- Pros: The Rustic is all about local produce, which is why they grow their own herbs and vegetables onsite. They have a weekly farmers market on Sundays. Additionally, the atmosphere is great for a fun night out with friends by the fire pit!
- Cons: The food can be expensive and the servers might not always be attentive.
2. Jazz, TX
This is a club that offers Jazz and gourmet food, located at the Pearl complex. Enjoy expertly crafted cocktails and delicious cuisine while listening to some of the best jazz musicians in San Antonio. The club is relatively new, as it was created in 2016 but has quickly become a popular spot for locals.
- Pros: The intimate atmosphere at Jazz, TX creates an unforgettable experience! The owners pride themselves on the authenticity of the music scene and their house band is incredibly skilled.
- Cons: The venue can sometimes feel cramped, and the menu is on the pricier side.
|The Rustic||Jazz, TX|
|Atmosphere||Rustic and lively||Intimate and Jazz club style|
|Music Genre||Country and Americana||Jazz|
|Menu Highlights||Quail Knots, BBQ, Oysters||Cheese and Charcuterie Board, Lobster Bisque, Shrimp and Grits|
3. Sam’s Burger Joint
Sam’s Burger Joint is an old-school music joint with an extensive menu of deliciously greasy burgers and other comfort food. Located in the historic Blue Star Arts Complex, this place is perfect for live music lovers and foodies who want something a little less upscale.
- Pros: Sam’s burger joint is perfect for a night out with friends! They have great happy hour specials and the music is always on point.
- Cons: The service can be slow and the acoustics in the venue are not always the best
4. Rosario’s Mexican Cafe y Cantina
Rosario’s Mexican Cafe y Cantina has been serving traditional Tex-Mex cuisine for over 20 years. The restaurant is a favorite among locals and visitors alike, it is also known for its extensive bar selection and cocktail menu. They host live music every Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
- Pros: This spot is great because it has been serving the community for a very long time and is very authentic! The food is always top-notch and the decor is colorful and fun!
- Cons: The wait time can sometimes be long and the music on intermittent days isn’t guaranteed.
5. Gruene Hall
This is the oldest dance hall in Texas and is considered by many to be the undisputed prime location for live music in the state. The hall attracts some of the most famous artists and has hosted the likes of Willie Nelson and George Strait. There is also a restaurant on site that serves up delicious barbecue, burgers, and more.
- History of Gruene Hall: Gruene Hall was built in 1878 and has been a hot spot for live music ever since. The hall has seen performances from some of Texas’ most well-known musicians, including Doug Sahm and Jerry Jeff Walker. The hall is also famous for its association with George Strait, who filmed the video for his hit “All My Ex’s Live in Texas” in the hall.
- Music Policy: Gruene Hall has a strict “no chairs” policy, which is enforced to encourage patrons to dance and create a lively atmosphere. The music that is played ranges from traditional country and blues to modern acts, making it a venue for everyone!
- Food and Drink: The restaurant serves classic Texas barbecue and other Southern favorites. They also have a great selection of cold beer and delicious cocktails.
- Pros and Cons: Gruene Hall is a premier spot for live music in Texas, but its popularity can also make it crowded and difficult to find a spot to stand. The cover charge for shows is typically more expensive than some of the other options in San Antonio.
Overall, San Antonio has a variety of options when it comes to restaurants with live music, all with their own unique flavor and atmosphere. Whether you want to try authentic Tex-Mex cuisine, jam out to some jazz, or dance the night away at Gruene Hall, San Antonio has something for everyone.
FAQs for Restaurants with Live Music San Antonio
What are some popular restaurants with live music in San Antonio?
Some popular restaurants with live music in San Antonio are Jazz TX, The Rustic, The Cove, and Sam’s Burger Joint.
What type of music do restaurants with live music in San Antonio typically feature?
Restaurants with live music in San Antonio typically feature a variety of genres such as jazz, blues, country, rock, and Latin music.
Do restaurants with live music charge a cover fee?
Some restaurants with live music in San Antonio do charge a cover fee for their live music events, while others do not. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their policy.
Do restaurants with live music have outdoor seating?
Some restaurants with live music in San Antonio do have outdoor seating, while others do not. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their policy.
Are restaurants with live music family-friendly?
Many restaurants with live music in San Antonio are family-friendly, but it’s important to check with the individual restaurant to see if they have any age restrictions or policies in place.
What is the dress code for restaurants with live music?
The dress code for restaurants with live music in San Antonio varies depending on the restaurant. Some restaurants have a more casual dress code, while others require business casual or formal attire. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their policy.
Do restaurants with live music offer food and drink specials?
Many restaurants with live music in San Antonio offer food and drink specials during their live music events. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their policy.
Can I make a reservation for a live music event?
Many restaurants with live music in San Antonio do accept reservations for their live music events, while others operate on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their policy.
What is the atmosphere like at restaurants with live music?
The atmosphere at restaurants with live music in San Antonio can vary depending on the restaurant and the type of live music being featured. Some restaurants have a more relaxed and casual atmosphere, while others have a more upscale and sophisticated atmosphere. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their vibe.
Do restaurants with live music have parking available?
Many restaurants with live music in San Antonio have parking available, either on-site or nearby. It’s best to check with the individual restaurant for their parking options.
In conclusion, San Antonio offers a variety of options for those looking for a great meal and live music. Popular restaurants with live music in San Antonio include Jazz TX, The Rustic, The Cove, and Sam’s Burger Joint. Dress codes, age requirements, and cover fees vary by restaurant, so it’s always best to check with the individual establishment before heading out. After enjoying a meal and live music at one of these restaurants, be sure to explore some of the other great attractions and activities that San Antonio has to offer, such as visiting The Alamo or the River Walk. Thank you for reading and we hope you enjoy your time in San Antonio!