Los Angeles is a melting pot of cultural diversity, where people from all walks of life can find food, entertainment, and adventure. One of the city’s greatest attractions is the vibrant live music scene, which can be enjoyed while savoring a delicious meal in one of LA’s restaurants. Whether you’re a local or just visiting, finding a spot to indulge in tasty food and listen to live music in a cozy ambiance is a challenge. This article will be your go-to guide for exploring the best restaurants with live music in Los Angeles.
By reading this article, you’ll discover the hidden gems that offer a unique experience to your taste buds and your ears. You’ll have the opportunity to pick from a variety of venues that will satisfy every music taste, budget, and dietary requirement. Whether you’re up for a relaxed atmosphere, a romantic date night, or an upbeat vibe, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.
We’ve done the research to find the crème de la crème of restaurants, where good food and music meet to create an unforgettable night. You’ll find out what to expect from each spot, what kind of music they play, when they play it, and how to make a reservation. We guarantee that this guide will save you time and help you avoid any potential disappointments, so you can focus on enjoying your time in LA.
Best Restaurants with Live Music in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, the city of stars, is known for its distinct and lively culture. One of the best things about Los Angeles is its wide variety of dining options that offer live music performances. Food and music enthusiasts flock to these restaurants to satisfy their cravings for good food and entertaining music. Here are some of the best restaurants with live music in Los Angeles.
The Baked Potato
The Baked Potato is a historic jazz club and restaurant located in Studio City, Los Angeles. It has been around since the 70s and has hosted some of the most renowned jazz musicians of all time, including Miles Davis, Chick Corea, and Pat Metheny. Here are some interesting facts about this iconic restaurant:
- The Baked Potato has been voted the “Best Jazz Club” by Los Angeles Magazine and LA Weekly multiple times.
- The seating in the concert area is intimate, with only a few rows of chairs and stools, giving patrons the opportunity to get up close and personal with the musicians.
- The Baked Potato was founded by Don Randi, a pianist and keyboard player who played with some of the biggest names in the music industry, including Elvis Presley and The Beach Boys.
If you’re looking for good food to go along with your jazz experience, The Baked Potato has got you covered. They serve baked potatoes (hence the name), salads, and sandwiches, along with other meals, and their bar offers a variety of drinks, including beer and wine.
|Intimate seating located close to the musicians.||Only offers jazz music genre, may not appeal to all audiences.|
|Historic venue with renowned musicians.||Can have limited seating capacity, reserve early.|
|Offers food and drink options in addition to live music.||Can be pricey due to the premium jazz experience.|
If you’re looking for a memorable jazz experience, The Baked Potato is the place to be. It is a must-visit for true jazz enthusiasts and anyone who appreciates good music in an intimate setting.
Restaurants with Live Music in Los Angeles: Experience Exceptional Dining and Music Venues in LA
Los Angeles is one of the most vibrant cities in the world, with countless attractions ranging from luxurious shopping destinations to picturesque beach spots. However, it’s the nightlife of the city that truly stands out, especially when it comes to restaurants with live music. Dining and listening to live music in LA is a wonderful way to blend entertainment and leisure, creating an unforgettable experience that you will cherish for a lifetime.
Why LA’s Restaurants with Live Music are Unmatched in the World?
Los Angeles is famous for its music industry, with some of the biggest record labels, producers, and artists based in the city. Therefore, it’s no surprise that LA’s restaurant scene is full of music-themed venues that offer exceptional dining experiences alongside live performances by renowned artists, up-and-coming talent, and local musicians. Beyond the city’s thriving music industry, the restaurant industry in LA has a unique ambiance and culinary traditions; it’s the perfect combination that makes LA’s restaurants with live music standout from the rest.
Moreover, unlike other cities where live music is restricted to specific neighborhoods or events, LA offers a diverse range of music experiences that cater to all tastes and preferences. From jazz to rock, blues to reggae, and everything in-between, LA’s restaurants with live music offer a wealth of options that enhances your dining experience.
What to Expect from LA’s Restaurants with Live Music?
If you are interested in dining and listening to live music, Los Angeles offers an array of venues that cover all bases. Here are some notable features you can expect from LA’s restaurants with live music:
- Exceptional dining: LA’s restaurants with live music pride themselves on their culinary expertise with all kinds of cuisine, including international flavors, local delights, and unique fusions.
- Live entertainment: From small bands to full orchestra performances, LA’s restaurants with live music offer a diverse range of musical experiences for all to enjoy.
- Intimate setting: Many venues in LA offer a cozy and warm environment, allowing guests to interact with musicians while enjoying their meals.
- Unique themes: Some restaurants in LA offer unique themes, such as prohibition-era speakeasies, vintage rock-n-roll bars, and high-class jazz lounges, providing an immersive experience that transcends from just dining and music to immersive entertainment.
- Celebrity sightings: Los Angeles is home to several celebrities, and some of them frequent the city’s restaurants with live music, offering an opportunity for exciting celebrity sightings.
Some of The Best Restaurants with Live Music in Los Angeles You Must Check Out
If you are seeking a fantastic dining experience that includes live music performances in LA, here are some of the best restaurants worth checking out:
- The Baked Potato: This venue in Studio City has been hosting jazz performances since the 1970s, offering a no-frills environment combined with some of the best jazz performances in town.
- The Viper Room: A Hollywood staple, The Viper Room’s intimate environment, and rock-themed decor provides the perfect stage for up-and-coming talent and growing rock and roll groups.
- The Troubadour: Arguably one of the most iconic venues in LA, The Troubadour has hosted some of the most famous artists, including Elton John, Guns N’ Roses, and James Taylor.
- The Dresden Room: This venue is famous for hosting some of the best jazz performances in Beverly Hills, with iconic duo Marty and Elayne’s lounge act being a crowd favorite.
- House of Blues: This chain of venues has been providing great dining experiences and hosting live music from top performers, including Rihanna, Kanye West, and more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Dining and Listening to Live Music at LA’s Restaurants
While dining and listening to live music in LA is undoubtedly an exciting experience, there are some advantages and disadvantages to know.
In conclusion, restaurants with live music Los Angeles offer an exceptional dining and entertainment experience that is truly unmatched in the world. Choosing the right venue that matches your musical and dining preferences is key to enjoying the experience. Regardless of the venue you decide to go, dining and listening to live music in LA is an unforgettable experience that will delight you and leave a long-lasting impression.
Discover the Most Exciting Restaurants with Live Music in Los Angeles
Are you looking for a dining experience that is more than just a combination of great food and drinks? Perhaps something that can provide an avenue for relaxation, celebration, or even a change of pace from the everyday routine? Restaurants with live music in Los Angeles may just be the perfect option for you! Here are some of the most exciting ones you can check out:
Birds of a Feather
Located in Silver Lake, Birds of a Feather offers authentic Sichuan-style Chinese cooking with a side of live jazz music. Guests can enjoy small plates such as roasted eggplant with garlic, braised beef tendon, and mapo tofu while listening to local musicians play jazz tunes on select nights. Here’s why you should add this restaurant and music venue to your list of must-visits:
- Welcoming ambiance: Birds of a Feather offers a cozy and intimate setup perfect for small to midsize groups. The interiors are adorned with birdcages, floral draperies and terra-cotta tiles, giving off a bohemian vibe.
- Live jazz on selected nights: The restaurant invites local jazz musicians to entertain guests on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays making for a nice music and dining experience. Patrons can enjoy tunes by pianist Josh Nelson, saxophonist Bob Sheppard, and many others.
- Artisanal cocktails, wine, and beer: Birds of a Feather boasts of an extensive drink list featuring original cocktails, a wide selection of wines, and draft beers.
If you’re looking for a place to relax and unwind after a long day or simply looking for a different kind of dining experience, Birds of a Feather is definitely worth checking out.
The Baked Potato
Nestled in Studio City, the Baked Potato is an iconic music venue that serves up jazz and fusion sounds with a side of hearty baked potatoes. The establishment has been around since 1970 and has hosted some of the most acclaimed jazz musicians of our time. Here are some reasons why The Baked Potato is a must-visit:
- Historic music venue: For over 50 years, the Baked Potato has been a haven for jazz and fusion lovers, hosting performances by artists such as Larry Carlton, Stanley Clarke, and Jeff Lorber Fusion, to name a few.
- Different genres of music each night: The Baked Potato features a different band or musician every night, which means you can enjoy various genres such as jazz, rock, funk, R&B, and more. Guests can also jam out during the Monday night open-mic session.
- Hearty baked potatoes: While enjoying the live music, be sure to try one of their signature baked potatoes loaded with toppings such as sour cream, chives, and bacon bits. Pair it with one of their beers on tap or one of their specialty cocktails for a complete experience.
If you’re a music lover and looking for excellent live performances coupled with some delicious food, The Baked Potato is a gem that you should add to your must-visit list.
Rockwell Table & Stage
Located in Los Feliz, Rockwell Table & Stage offers a unique dining experience where live entertainment takes center stage. The establishment hosts various shows, ranging from tribute concerts, comedy shows, cabarets, and drag queen performances, to name a few. Here are some reasons why Rockwell Table & Stage is worth checking out:
- Diverse entertainment programs: Rockwell Table & Stage features a wide variety of shows, making sure there’s something for everyone. Some of their most popular shows are their Kraken Up Comedy Night and Unauthorized Musicals series, where they create unauthorized parody musicals of popular films such as Mean Girls and Jurassic Park.
- Scrumptious menu: Rockwell Table & Stage offers a menu of delicious comfort food such as their truffle mac & cheese, Nashville hot chicken sliders, and shrimp & grits. Their bar program also offers a creative list of drinks, including their signature cocktails and artisanal beers.
- Intimate setting: The establishment has a cozy and intimate setup, making it perfect for small to midsize groups. The cozy interiors feature plush red velvet curtains, chandeliers, and a glittering disco ball, adding a touch of glamour.
If you want to take your dining experience to the next level and enjoy some entertainment while you’re at it, Rockwell Table & Stage is definitely worth a visit.
|Birds of a Feather||The Baked Potato||Rockwell Table & Stage|
|Location||Silver Lake||Studio City||Los Feliz|
|Type of music||Jazz||Jazz, rock, funk, R&B, and more||Tribute concerts, comedy shows, cabarets, and drag queen performances|
|Cover Charge||None||Varies depending on the performance||Varies depending on the show|
|Menu||Authentic Sichuan-style Chinese cooking||Signature baked potatoes with toppings||Comfort food such as truffle mac & cheese, Nashville hot chicken sliders, and shrimp & grits|
|Drinks||Original cocktails, a wide selection of wines, and draft beers||Specialty cocktails and artisanal beers||Signature cocktails and artisanal beers|
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a dining experience that can provide excellent music and food, there are a lot of restaurants in Los Angeles that can satisfy that craving. From intimate jazz performances to cabarets and parody musicals, you’re sure to find a place that can cater to your music and dining preferences. So what are you waiting for? Plan your next night out with your friends or family and explore the exciting world of Los Angeles’ restaurant and music scene.
A guide to the top restaurants with live music in Los Angeles:
4. Pros and Cons of Dining in Restaurants with Live Music
While dining in restaurants with live music can be a delightful experience, it can also have some drawbacks. In this section, we look at the pros and cons of dining in restaurants with live music.
Pros of Dining in Restaurants with Live Music
- Entertainment factor: The main advantage of dining in restaurants with live music is the entertainment factor. Live music can create a lively atmosphere and add to the enjoyment of the dining experience. It can be a great way to unwind after a long day or to celebrate a special occasion with friends and family.
- Exposure to new music: Restaurants with live music typically feature local artists who perform a range of music genres. This can be an excellent opportunity to be exposed to new music and explore new artists. It can also be a chance to discover new favorite songs and explore new genres.
- Diverse audience: Restaurants with live music attract a diverse audience. This can provide an opportunity to meet new people and socialize with others who share similar interests or musical tastes.
- Enhances the dining experience: Live music can create a magical atmosphere that can enhance the dining experience. It can make the food taste even better and add to the ambiance of the restaurant.
- Supports local artists: Dining at restaurants with live music supports local artists and can help them gain more exposure. It can be a great way to show support for the local music scene and contribute to the community.
Cons of Dining in Restaurants with Live Music
- Noise level: The main disadvantage of dining in restaurants with live music is the noise level. Live music can be loud, which can make it difficult to have a conversation or hear the server. It can also be distracting and disrupt the flow of the dining experience.
- Restricted seating: Restaurants with live music often have limited seating, which can result in long wait times or difficulty securing a reservation. It can be challenging for larger groups or parties to find seating together at peak times.
- Higher prices: Restaurants with live music may charge higher prices due to the added entertainment value. This can make it a more expensive dining experience.
- Music selection: While the exposure to new music can be a benefit of dining at restaurants with live music, it can also be a drawback. Not everyone may enjoy the music selection, and it can be challenging to find a restaurant with a music style that suits everyone’s taste.
- Timing conflicts: Live music performances are usually scheduled at specific times, which may not coincide with the diners’ preferred meal times or schedules. This can result in either having to adjust meal times or missing out on the live music experience.
|Create an entertaining atmosphere||Noise level can be distracting|
|Exposure to new music||Restricted seating|
|Diverse audience||Higher prices|
|Enhances dining experience||Music selection may not suit everyone|
|Supports local artists||Timing conflicts with meal times|
In conclusion, dining in restaurants with live music can be a unique and enjoyable experience. It can add to the overall ambiance, enhance the dining experience, and provide exposure to new music and local artists. Nevertheless, it is important to recognize the potential drawbacks, such as noise levels, higher prices, and restricted seating. When deciding to dine at a restaurant with live music, consider the pros and cons outlined in this guide to make an informed choice.
Top Five Restaurants with Live Music in Los Angeles
Are you on the lookout for the best restaurants with great food and a lively atmosphere? Well, Los Angeles has got you covered with its vibrant nightlife, scrumptious cuisine, and exhilarating live music. In this article, we have handpicked the top 5 restaurants in Los Angeles that offer live music while you relish your dinner.
1. The Baked Potato
The Baked Potato is a legendary jazz club that has been serving its customers for over 48 years now. The restaurant is known for its mouth-watering potato dishes and jazz performances. Artists like Chick Corea, Stevie Wonder, and Larry Carlton have graced the stage with their mesmerizing tunes, making Baked Potato a well-known landmark in Los Angeles’ music scene.
- You get to witness live jazz performances every night.
- Mouth-watering potato dishes are served.
- Great ambiance and intimate setting.
- The restaurant can get crowded, so it’s better to make a reservation in advance.
- Parking can be a hassle on weekends.
- The menu options are limited.
2. Vibrato Grill Jazz
Vibrato Grill Jazz is a high-end restaurant where you can experience the perfect blend of phenomenal food, premium spirits, and scintillating music. The restaurant boasts a world-class roster of musicians who perform five nights a week. Apart from their sumptuous food, you can also indulge in classic cocktails and fine wines at Vibrato Grill Jazz.
- Top-notch musicians perform here.
- The food is scrumptious with a wide selection of cocktails and wine.
- The restaurant has a great ambiance with an outdoor patio.
- The restaurant is expensive.
- It’s essential to make a reservation in advance.
- The dress code is formal, so you need to dress up for the occasion.
3. Hotel Cafe
Hotel Cafe is a cozy little restaurant that showcases aspiring and established musicians, making it a popular go-to spot for music enthusiasts. The restaurant offers a diverse lineup of performers, from singer-songwriters to rock bands. You can savor delicious food and drinks while listening to live music from talented musicians.
- The restaurant is well-known for its intimate and authentic setting.
- The lineup of artists is diverse and includes upcoming talents.
- The prices are affordable.
- The restaurant can get crowded. It’s best to arrive early.
- The location can be challenging to find for first-time visitors.
- The restaurant doesn’t have a dress code, which means people can dress inappropriately.
4. The Mint LA
The Mint LA is a restaurant that has been catering to the music lovers of LA for more than 80 years. It’s known for its eclectic lineup of musicians who perform across various genres, making it a favorite spot for locals and tourists alike. The Mint LA offers an energetic atmosphere, scrumptious food, and refreshing drinks that go perfectly well with the vibe.
- The restaurant is known for its diverse lineup of musicians.
- The venue has a nostalgic vibe, giving you a feel of old Hollywood.
- Ample parking space available.
- The restaurant can get crowded, so make sure you book in advance.
- The restaurant doesn’t have an outdoor seating option.
- The food can be slightly overpriced for some customers.
5. The Troubadour
The Troubadour is an iconic nightclub that has been operating since 1957. This legendary club has seen performances from some of the biggest names in the music industry, including Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, and Metallica, to name a few. It’s the perfect place to catch emerging artists as well as established ones while enjoying sumptuous food and drinks.
- The Troubadour is an iconic venue with legendary artists performing there.
- The food and drinks at the venue are excellent.
- The venue has a rich history, adding to its charm.
- The restaurant’s layout can be confusing for first-time visitors.
- The venue can get crowded, so make sure you book in advance.
- The location doesn’t have much parking space.
|The Baked Potato||-Live jazz performances every night.
-Delicious potato dishes served.
-Great ambiance and intimate setting.
|-The restaurant can get crowded, so it’s better to make a reservation in advance.
-Parking can be a hassle on weekends.
-Limited menu options.
|Vibrato Grill Jazz||-Top-notch musicians perform here.
-The food is scrumptious with a wide selection of cocktails and wine.
-The restaurant has a great ambiance with an outdoor patio.
|-The restaurant is expensive.
-It’s essential to make a reservation in advance.
-The dress code is formal, so you need to dress up for the occasion.
|Hotel Cafe||-The restaurant is well-known for its intimate and authentic setting.
-The lineup of artists is diverse and includes upcoming talents.
-The prices are affordable.
|-The restaurant can get crowded. It’s best to arrive early.
-The location can be challenging to find for first-time visitors.
-The restaurant doesn’t have a dress code, which means people can dress inappropriately.
|The Mint LA||-The restaurant is known for its diverse lineup of musicians.
-The venue has a nostalgic vibe, giving you a feel of old Hollywood.
-Ample parking space available.
|-The restaurant can get crowded, so make sure you book in advance.
-The restaurant doesn’t have outdoor seating option.
-The food can be slightly overpriced for some customers.
|The Troubadour||-The Troubadour is an iconic venue with legendary artists performing there.
-The food and drinks at the venue are excellent.
-The venue has a rich history, adding to its charm.
|-The restaurant’s layout can be confusing for first-time visitors.
-The venue can get crowded, so make sure you book in advance.
-The location doesn’t have much parking space.
In Conclusion, Los Angeles has a lot to offer to those who seek entertainment, great food, and music. These restaurants are just some of the many that can give you an unforgettable experience. You can enjoy delicious meals, refreshing drinks, and excellent live music at the same time. So, whether you’re a local or a tourist, add these restaurants to your bucket list and have a blast!
FAQs: Restaurants with Live Music Los Angeles
What are the best restaurants with live music in Los Angeles?
There are several great restaurants in Los Angeles that offer live music, including the legendary The Baked Potato, Vitello’s Restaurant, The Catalina Bar & Grill, The Mint, and The Viper Room. These restaurants host live music nights and have a schedule of performers that are worth checking out.
What type of live music can I expect at restaurants in Los Angeles?
You can expect to find a mix of different types of live music at restaurants in Los Angeles. From jazz and blues to rock and pop, there are many local artists and bands that perform in these establishments. Check the schedule of the restaurant you plan to visit to see what type of music they feature.
Do I need a reservation to see live music at restaurants in Los Angeles?
It depends on the restaurant and the type of event they are hosting. Generally, it is recommended to make a reservation for a restaurant that features live music, especially during peak hours or when there are special events. Some restaurants may also charge a cover fee for live music performances.
Can I expect to pay more for live music at restaurants in Los Angeles?
Depending on the restaurant and the artist performing, you may be charged additional fees for the live music. Some restaurants may require a minimum food or drink order to attend certain events, while others may charge a separate cover fee. It’s always best to check ahead of time so you can plan accordingly.
What is the dress code for restaurants with live music in Los Angeles?
The dress code can vary depending on the restaurant and event. Some restaurants with live music may require more formal attire, while others may have a casual dress code. It’s always best to check with the restaurant you plan to visit to find out their specific dress code.
Are there any family-friendly restaurants with live music in Los Angeles?
Yes, there are several family-friendly restaurants with live music in Los Angeles. Check out the schedule of the Magicopolis restaurant and theater, Lost Property or Farmer Boys for live music events that your whole family can enjoy.
What are some of the best rooftop restaurants with live music in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles has some breathtaking views, and there are several restaurants that take advantage of them. Check out Mama Shelter Rooftop, Perch, The Rooftop at The Standard, or E.P. & L.P. for stunning views and live music performances.
What time do restaurants with live music usually close in Los Angeles?
Most restaurants with live music in Los Angeles close between 10 pm to 11 pm. However, closing times may vary depending on the restaurant and the event that is being hosted. It’s always best to check with the restaurant ahead of time to find out their specific closing time.
Can I find any vegan or vegetarian restaurants with live music in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles is home to several vegan and vegetarian restaurants that offer live music. Check out Crossroads, Gracias Madre and Sage Plant Based Bistro for live music events, and a delicious vegan/vegetarian menu.
Where can I find a list of live music events at restaurants in Los Angeles?
You can typically find a list of live music events at restaurants in Los Angeles on their websites or social media pages. Additionally, websites like Time Out Los Angeles and Discover Los Angeles provide comprehensive event calendars that feature live music events at restaurants throughout the city.
What precautions are restaurants with live music taking due to COVID-19?
The local government and businesses in Los Angeles are taking the necessary precautions to keep residents and visitors safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Most restaurants with live music in Los Angeles are operating at limited capacity, and many have implemented safety measures such as temperature checks, mandatory masks, and socially distanced seating. It is important to check ahead of time and follow the guidelines set by individual establishments to protect yourself and others.
There are several restaurants that offer live music in Los Angeles, and a fantastic mix of genres to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for jazz, blues, rock, or pop, these restaurants provide the perfect ambiance for a great dining experience. It’s always best to check ahead of time and plan accordingly, all while keeping current safety measures and guidelines in mind. After a night of dining and live music, why not continue the evening by taking a stroll on Hollywood Boulevard before calling it a night? Whatever your interests may be, Los Angeles has plenty to offer.
Thank you for reading, and we hope you enjoy checking out our other articles!