Welcome to an exciting read about the vibrant music scene in Vail, Colorado. This article will introduce you to the magical world of live music in Vail, and how it has become an essential part of the town’s culture. Whether you are a seasoned music lover or just looking for a memorable night out, this piece has got you covered. We will explore the diverse range of musical performances, venues, and festivals that Vail offers. So, sit back, relax and let’s dive into the beat of Vail!
If you are a music enthusiast, you can expect to be transported to a world of pure auditory bliss as you read through this article. We will take you on a journey through the town’s famed music festivals such as Vail Jazz Festival, Bravo! Vail Music Festival, and more. You will also get to know the popular local musicians and bands that perform at various venues around town. Additionally, we will highlight the unique musical styles and genres that are celebrated in Vail, making it a melting pot for live music fans.
Looking for a fun-filled night out with friends or partner? Worried about getting bored and feeling disconnected with each other? Don’t worry. We have got you covered. In this piece, you will learn how live music in Vail not only gives you a chance to enjoy great rhythm and beats, but also helps to bond with your loved ones. We will share some heart-warming stories and experiences from real people who found the magic of live music in Vail. So, get ready to groove, connect and experience an unforgettable musical journey in Vail.
Best Live Music Venues in Vail
When it comes to experiencing live music in Vail, there is no shortage of options. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back atmosphere or a high-energy venue to dance the night away, Vail has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we will explore the five best live music venues in Vail.
Vail Ale House
The Vail Ale House is a popular spot among locals and tourists alike for their extensive beer selection and live music entertainment. The venue has a relaxed atmosphere where patrons can enjoy the music while sipping on their favorite brews. Here are some things you can expect when you visit the Vail Ale House:
- Location: The Vail Ale House is located in the heart of Vail Village, just steps away from the ski slopes.
- Music Schedule: The venue hosts live music Thursday through Saturday, featuring local and regional bands.
- Beer Selection: With over 20 beers on tap, ranging from local craft brews to international favorites, the Vail Ale House has something to satisfy every beer lover’s taste buds.
- Food: The Vail Ale House serves classic pub food with a modern twist, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
If you’re looking for a casual night out with friends or a place to watch the game while enjoying live music, the Vail Ale House is the perfect spot.
Vail Jazz at the Vail Square
For jazz enthusiasts, the Vail Jazz at the Vail Square is a must-visit venue. The weekly outdoor concerts take place on Thursday evenings during the summer months, featuring world-class jazz musicians from around the globe. Here’s what you need to know about Vail Jazz at the Vail Square:
- Location: The concerts take place in Lionshead Village in the Vail Square outdoor venue, providing stunning mountain views.
- Music Schedule: The venue hosts weekly shows during the summer months, featuring both established and up-and-coming jazz musicians.
- Food and Drink: The venue has a variety of food and drink options available for purchase, including wine and beer, and local food vendors.
- Tickets: General admission and VIP ticket options are available in advance or at the door, with VIP tickets providing front-row seating and access to a private lounge.
If you’re a jazz lover or simply looking for a unique outdoor concert experience, Vail Jazz at the Vail Square is not to be missed.
The Shakedown Bar is a lively place to catch live music in Vail, with shows ranging from rock to reggae to electronic dance music. The nightclub has a high-energy atmosphere, with a large dance floor and a rooftop terrace. Here’s what you can expect when you visit the Shakedown Bar:
- Location: The Shakedown Bar is located in the Vail Village, on the second floor of a building that also houses a clothing store and an Italian restaurant.
- Music Schedule: The venue hosts shows almost every night of the week, featuring both local and touring bands and DJs.
- Drinks: The bar serves a variety of beer, wine, and cocktails, including specials during happy hour.
If you’re looking for a venue to dance the night away, the Shakedown Bar is the place to be.
Vilar Performing Arts Center
If you’re looking for a more refined music experience, the Vilar Performing Arts Center is the perfect choice. The venue hosts a variety of concerts and performances throughout the year, featuring classical music, jazz, opera, theater, and more. Here’s what you need to know about the Vilar Performing Arts Center:
- Location: The venue is located in Beaver Creek, just a short drive away from Vail Village.
- Music Schedule: The Vilar hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, featuring both renowned and emerging artists and groups.
- Seating: With just over 500 seats, the Vilar offers an intimate and acoustically sound setting for concertgoers to enjoy the performances.
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased in advance online, at the box office or by phone.
If you’re a fan of the performing arts or looking for a more formal live music experience, the Vilar Performing Arts Center is not to be missed.
Root & Flower
For a more intimate setting to enjoy live music, the Root & Flower wine bar is an excellent choice. The venue features local and visiting musicians, offering a casual and comfortable atmosphere to enjoy live music over a glass of wine or craft cocktail. Here’s what you need to know about Root & Flower:
- Location: The Root & Flower wine bar is located in Vail Village, next to the Sebastian Hotel.
- Music Schedule: The venue hosts live music on selected evenings throughout the week, featuring a mix of local and visiting musicians.
- Drink Selection: The wine bar offers an extensive selection of wine, spirits, and cocktails, featuring both classic and unique creations.
- Food: Small plates and snacks are available to complement the drink selection, featuring locally sourced ingredients.
If you’re looking for a cozy and intimate venue to enjoy live music with a glass of wine, Root & Flower is the perfect spot.
In conclusion, Vail offers a diverse range of live music venues to cater to a variety of music tastes and preferences. From jazz to rock and everything in between, the venues featured in this article are some of the best in Vail to enjoy live music entertainment.
Explore Vail’s Live Music Venues
Vail is an idyllic destination, nestled in the breathtaking Rocky Mountains of Colorado, that is known for its ski resorts, luxury hotels, stunning natural scenery, and excellent food and drinks. However, it also boasts a thriving live music scene that is sure to impress music lovers of all genres. From small and intimate spaces to vast and open-air venues, Vail has something for everyone when it comes to live music performances.
Indoors, Outdoors, and Everywhere in Between
Live music in Vail is not limited to any particular season as there are ample venues to choose from. Some of these venues offer indoor performances where everyone can gather for warmth and comfort, while others embrace the outdoor ambiance, inviting the audience to bask in the beauty of the snowcapped mountains. In fact, some venues capitalize on the former by combining both spaces into magical winter wonderlands complete with heated après-ski cabanas.
Vail Resorts owns two popular live music venues, namely Vail Snow Daze and the newly opened Coyote Café. Vail Snow Daze brings together some of the biggest names in music for four days of amazing concerts, parties, and other exciting events in December. The venue attracts thousands of music lovers from all over to enjoy performances from the likes of Weezer, O.A.R., and currently COVID-19 compliant and popular rap superstar G-Eazy. Coyote Café offers starting December 23, 2021, a new live music series featuring Vail’s favorite musicians playing four days per week indoors or outdoors. Coyote Cafe and Vail Snow Daze are just a few of the many venues that provide the perfect venues music lovers in Vail to enjoy amazing live performances.
The Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater
One of Vail’s acclaimed music venues is the gorgeous and acclaimed Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, which offers a picturesque outdoor setting for live music performances. Nestled amid the beautiful Betty Ford Alpine Gardens and at the base of Vail Mountain, the annual Amphitheater lineup brings top names such as the National Symphony Orchestra, Steve Martin and Martin Short, Michael Franti & Spearhead, and Grace Potter to the residents and tourists of Vail.
The Minturn Saloon is a laid-back, come-as-you-are restaurant and bar that has been part of the local community for more than a century. Today, the Saloon continues to be a popular hangout spot as well as a great music venue that has hosted some of the most legendary local and international artists such as Moe, Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real, and Los Lonely Boys. The Saloon has a rich history, and the walls are adorned with interesting memorabilia and is a must-stop when enjoying the Vail music scene.
The Vilar Performing Arts Center
The Vilar Performing Arts Center is another must-see venue in the Vail area, which is located in the heart of Beaver Creek Village. The venue was named “Theater of the Year” in 2010 by the Colorado Theatre Guild, and it continues to be the premier destination for live entertainment and performances in Colorado. The Center features a wide range of shows, including classical music performances, Broadway productions, family-friendly shows, and comedy acts.
Round Up River Ranch
Round Up River Ranch is a unique and beautiful ranch property that hosts a variety of events and shows throughout the year. They offer camp experiences for children with life-threatening illnesses and have taken the initiative to bring world-class talent to Vail. One of the most beloved and anticipated events hosted by the ranch is the Big Gig, an annual fundraiser that features top-name musicians from every genre of music. Over its history, the event has raised more than $12 million for the kids.
Join the diverse, eclectic, and exciting music scene in Vail, Colorado. Whether you are a visitor or a resident, the musical landscape is sure to leave you feeling entertained, enlightened, or empowered. So, pack your spirit of adventure and plan to soak in the wide range of musical offerings that Vail has to offer.
Top Live Music Events in Vail
Vail, Colorado is a premier destination for winter sports enthusiasts, but it’s not just about skiing and snowboarding. During the winter season, the town plays host to a variety of live music events that attract both locals and visitors alike. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the top live music events in Vail and what makes them so special.
Vail Snow Days
Vail Snow Days is an annual music festival that takes place in early December. The festival was created to celebrate the start of the winter season and has been a staple in the Vail community for years. Here’s what you can expect:
- Four days of free concerts featuring nationally recognized musicians
- A lively atmosphere with plenty of food and drink options
- Outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating
- Special hotel packages for those looking to make a weekend of it
The festival has been a huge success and draws in a large crowd each year. In 2019, the headliners included the bands The Head and the Heart, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, and Shakey Graves. The festival is a great way to kick off the winter season and enjoy some great music in one of the most beautiful ski towns in the world.
Bonfire Dub at Shakedown Bar
The Shakedown Bar is a popular live music venue in Vail that hosts a variety of acts throughout the year. One of the most popular recurring shows is the Bonfire Dub concert series. Here’s what you can expect:
- A high-energy, dub-inspired live show
- An intimate setting that allows for a great connection between the band and the audience
- A diverse audience that includes locals and visitors alike
- A bar that serves up a wide variety of beer and cocktails to keep the party going
Bonfire Dub has been playing shows at the Shakedown Bar for years and has built up a loyal following in the Vail community. The band’s unique sound is a blend of reggae, rock, and world music, and their live shows are always a crowd-pleaser.
The Jazz Tent at Vail Jazz Festival
The Vail Jazz Festival is a summer event that takes place in late August and early September. While the festival features a variety of jazz-inspired events, one of the most popular is The Jazz Tent. Here’s what you can expect:
- A variety of jazz artists from around the world performing in an intimate setting
- A tent that provides shade from the summer sun while still allowing for an outdoor atmosphere
- A variety of food and drink options to enjoy while listening to the music
- A chance to discover new jazz artists and styles of music
The Jazz Tent has played host to a variety of jazz legends over the years, including Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, and Herbie Hancock. The festival is a great way to experience the beauty of Vail in the summer while also enjoying some world-class jazz music.
|Vail Snow Days||Bonfire Dub at Shakedown Bar||The Jazz Tent at Vail Jazz Festival|
|Location||Vail Village||Lionshead Village||Vail Jazz Tent, Vail Square|
|Time of Year||Early December||Throughout the year||August-September|
|Genre of Music||Rock, Pop, Indie||Reggae, World Music||Jazz|
|Attendance||Large crowds||Intimate setting||Intimate setting|
|Cost||Free||Varies depending on the show||Varies depending on the show|
|Pros||Free concerts, lively atmosphere||High-energy show, intimate setting||Jazz legends perform, outdoor setting|
|Cons||Crowded, outdoor setting in winter||Varies depending on the show||No cons here!|
In conclusion, Vail is not only about skiing, snowboarding, and outdoor activities, but also live music events that provide plenty of opportunities to experience great music, food, drinks, and lively atmosphere. From Vail Snow Days to Bonfire Dub at Shakedown Bar to the Jazz Tent at Vail Jazz Festival, these events offer something for everyone. So, whether you’re a local or a visitor, be sure to check out one or all of these top live music events in Vail.
Where to enjoy live music in Vail
When it comes to music, Vail offers a unique blend of genres and performers. Whether you prefer classical or contemporary, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste. Here are some of the best places in Vail to enjoy live music.
Vail Jazz @ The Market
Vail Jazz has been a staple in the Vail music scene for years. During the summer, Vail Jazz @ The Market takes place every Sunday morning at the Vail Farmers Market. This free event features some of the best jazz musicians in the country, showcasing their talents in a relaxed and casual setting. Visitors can lay out on the grass, grab a coffee, and soak up the sounds of jazz.
- Started in 1995, Vail Jazz is one of the longest-running jazz festivals in the country.
- The festival brings in over 20,000 jazz enthusiasts every year.
- Vail Jazz’s educational programs provide over 1,200 hours of free music education to local schools and community centers.
- Vail Jazz often books Grammy-nominated musicians, such as Dianne Reeves, Christian McBride, and John Clayton.
The George Restaurant and Pub
Located in the heart of Vail Village, The George Restaurant and Pub is an upscale eatery that offers live music every night during the winter season. Visitors can enjoy live performances from local musicians while enjoying a selection of delicious food and drinks. With its cozy atmosphere and excellent musical talent, The George is a perfect spot for a romantic night out or a fun night with friends.
- The George offers an extensive list of craft cocktails and wine, showcasing the best of Colorado’s breweries and vineyards.
- Many of the musicians at The George are Vail locals, providing visitors with a taste of the area’s musical flavor.
- In the summertime, The George offers an outdoor patio, providing a prime location for enjoying Vail’s beautiful mountain views.
- The restaurant has a reputation for its incredible service, making visitors feel truly pampered.
The Vilar Performing Arts Center
The Vilar Performing Arts Center is an exquisite theatre located in Beaver Creek, just a few minutes from Vail. The venue offers a wide range of musical performances, from classical to contemporary. With its state-of-the-art acoustics, comfortable seating, and elegant ambiance, the Vilar Performing Arts Center is the perfect location for experiencing exceptional live music.
- The Vilar Performing Arts Center often showcases internationally acclaimed musicians, such as Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman, and the Vienna Boys’ Choir.
- The theatre can seat over 530 spectators, providing a unique and intimate experience with the performers.
- The Vilar Performing Arts Center is also known for its Broadway shows, such as ‘A Chorus Line’ and ‘The Book of Mormon.’
- Aside from musical performances, the theatre also hosts comedy shows, dance performances, and film screenings.
The Red Lion
The Red Lion is a funky and casual bar and eatery located in downtown Vail. The restaurant has been a longstanding fixture in the area, with over 50 years of history. During the winter season, the bar features live music every night, ranging from rock bands to acoustic sets. Visitors can enjoy a beer or cocktail while listening to some of the best local talent in the area.
- The Red Lion has a prime location in the heart of Vail Village, making it a popular spot for tourists and locals alike.
- The bar has a comprehensive selection of beers, providing visitors with a chance to sample some of the best brews from all around Colorado.
- The Red Lion has been the stage for various well-known performers, such as Jerry Garcia, Willie Nelson and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
- The bar has a cozy and friendly atmosphere, with friendly staff that makes visitors feel right at home.
In summary, Vail offers a diverse and eclectic mix of musical experiences, from jazz to rock to classical. Whether you’re looking for a casual night out or a sophisticated venue, there’s something for everyone. From the Red Lion’s local talent to the Vilar Performing Arts Center’s internationally acclaimed musicians, Vail proves itself as an exceptional musical destination.
The ultimate guide to Vail’s live music performances
5. The impact of live music on the local economy
As we have seen in the previous sections, live music is an important aspect of Vail’s cultural and social life. However, beyond the cultural and social implications, live music also has a significant impact on the local economy. In this section, we will explore how live music contributes to the economy of Vail and the surrounding areas.
5.1. The economic benefits of live music
Live music events can generate significant revenue for local businesses, such as restaurants, bars, and hotels. When people attend a live music event in Vail, they usually stay in the area for an extended period, which means more spending on food, drinks, accommodation, and other tourist activities. According to a study conducted by the National Endowment for the Arts, music festivals generate over $1.5 billion in economic activity each year in the United States.
In Vail, many businesses have reported increased sales and revenues during live music events. For example, the Four Seasons Resort Vail offers outdoor concerts in the summer, which have become a major attraction for tourists and locals alike. The concerts not only bring in more business for the resort but also benefit other local businesses in the area.
5.2. The role of live music in tourism
Live music events can also play a vital role in attracting tourists to Vail. Music festivals and other live music events are often featured in destination marketing campaigns as a way to entice visitors to the area. According to a study by Sound Diplomacy, a music market development agency, every dollar spent on music tourism generates $6 in economic impact.
In Vail, the Bravo! Vail Music Festival is one of the most high-profile music events in the area. The festival attracts visitors from all over the world and has become a major tourist draw. According to the Vail Valley Foundation, the organization that produces the festival, the event generates over $10 million in economic impact for the Vail Valley each year.
5.3. Job creation and employment opportunities
Live music events also create job opportunities within the local economy. The production of a music festival requires a significant number of workers, including sound engineers, lighting technicians, stagehands, and security personnel. Additionally, local businesses such as hotels and restaurants may hire extra staff to accommodate the influx of visitors during live music events.
According to a study by the Aspen Institute, the arts and culture industry in Colorado generates over $13 billion in economic activity and supports over 122,000 jobs. While Vail is just one small part of this larger industry, the impact of live music on job creation and employment opportunities cannot be overstated.
5.4. The challenges of hosting live music events
While live music events can be incredibly beneficial to the local economy, they also present several challenges. One of the most significant challenges is managing the crowds and ensuring public safety. Music festivals and other large-scale events require a significant amount of planning and coordination to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees.
Additionally, live music events can cause disruptions to local residents, especially if they are held late at night. As a result, local authorities and event organizers need to work closely to mitigate the impact of live music events on the surrounding community.
In conclusion, live music is an essential aspect of Vail’s cultural and social life, and it plays a significant role in the local economy. The economic benefits of live music are undeniable, with music festivals and other events generating millions of dollars in revenue each year. However, hosting live music events also presents significant challenges, and local authorities and event organizers need to work together to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. Ultimately, the impact of live music on Vail’s economy, culture, and community cannot be overstated, and it is an integral aspect of the town’s identity.
|Generates significant revenue for local businesses||Disruptive to local residents|
|Attracts tourists to the area||Requires significant planning and coordination|
|Creates job opportunities within the local economy||Can be costly to host|
- Live music generates significant revenue for local businesses such as restaurants, hotels and bars
- Live music events play a vital role in attracting tourists to Vail and promote the region as a destination
- Live music events create job opportunities within the local economy, including sound engineers, lighting technicians, stagehands, and security personnel
- Hosting live music events presents significant challenges such as managing crowds and ensuring public safety
- Live music events require significant planning and coordination and can be costly to host
Frequently Asked Questions About Live Music Vail
What live music is there in Vail?
Vail is home to a variety of live music events throughout the year, including outdoor concerts, festivals, and performances at local venues such as the Vilar Performing Arts Center and Shakedown Bar.
Where can I find live music in Vail?
Live music can be found at various venues throughout Vail, including the Vilar Performing Arts Center, Shakedown Bar, The Remedy Bar, and The George.
What type of music is played in Vail?
Vail offers a diverse range of live music, including rock, jazz, blues, country, and classical.
When are live music events held in Vail?
Live music events are held throughout the year in Vail, with many outdoor events taking place in the summer months.
Are there any free live music events in Vail?
Yes, there are several free live music events in Vail throughout the year, including the Hot Summer Nights concert series and the Vail Jazz Festival.
Can I bring my own drinks to a live music event in Vail?
It depends on the venue and event. Some events allow outside drinks, while others have a no outside drinks policy.
Do I need to buy tickets for live music events in Vail?
Most live music events in Vail require tickets, which can be purchased online or at the venue box office.
What is the dress code for live music events in Vail?
The dress code varies depending on the event and venue, but generally, a smart casual dress is appropriate for most live music events in Vail.
Is there live music at Vail ski resorts?
Yes, several ski resorts in Vail, including Vail Mountain and Beaver Creek Resort, host live music events throughout the ski season.
Can I bring my children to live music events in Vail?
It depends on the event and venue. Some events are family-friendly, while others may have an age restriction or be geared towards adults.
In conclusion, Vail is an excellent destination for live music events, offering a diverse range of music genres and venues throughout the year. There are several free events as well as paid shows, catering to various budgets. Dress codes vary depending on the event and venue, but generally, a smart casual dress is appropriate attire. It’s always important to check event details beforehand, including age restrictions, outside drinks policies, and ticket requirements. After reading this article, make sure to plan your next live music outing in Vail and enjoy the vibrant music scene. Goodbye, and don’t forget to check out our other interesting articles.