Hello there music lovers! Are you tired of using various music streaming apps but always end up disappointed with their limited collection of songs? Well, we have good news for you! Apple music is offering a 6 months free subscription for new users to enjoy access to their wide range of songs, playlists, and curated albums. However, as great as the offer sounds, some people may not know how to redeem it. Don’t worry, we have got you covered with this article on how to redeem 6 months free Apple music.
By the end of this article, you will learn how to redeem the 6 months free Apple music offer with just a few clicks, without any hassle or complications. Plus, you will get free access to over 70 million songs from various artists and genres, curated playlists, music videos, and live performances, all ad-free! Your music listening experience will be taken to the next level without spending a dime, and who doesn’t love free stuff?
The solution is already at your fingertips. With our step-by-step guide, you will be able to redeem the 6 months free Apple music offer in no time. Our guide is proven to work, and our readers have already benefited from it. All you need is a new Apple ID, a smartphone or a computer, and an internet connection. So, sit back, relax, and let us take you on a journey of exploring the fantastic world of Apple music!
How to Redeem Your 6 Months of Free Apple Music: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you’re new to the Apple Music service and you have never subscribed before, you can enjoy a free trial of Apple Music for 6 months. After the 6 months trial, you’ll be charged a monthly fee. To avoid being charged, it’s important to cancel before the trial period ends. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to redeem your 6 months of free Apple Music.
Create an Apple ID
Before you can start using Apple Music, you need to sign up for an Apple ID account. Apple ID is an Apple user account that allows you to access Apple Music, iTunes, iCloud, and other Apple services. An Apple ID account requires a valid email address, a strong password, and your personal information.
Here are the steps to create an Apple ID account:
- Go to the Apple ID web page at https://appleid.apple.com/
- Click on the “Create Your Apple ID” button
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, and password
- Choose three security questions and provide the answers
- Select your date of birth and your country or region
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click on the “Create Apple ID” button
Once you have created your Apple ID, proceed to the next step.
Download Apple Music App
Apple Music is available on iOS devices, Android devices, Mac, and Windows PC. To download the app, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Apple Music. Download and install the app on your device.
Redeem Your Free Trial
Once you have installed the Apple Music app on your device, it’s time to redeem your 6 months of free Apple Music.
- Open the Apple Music app on your device
- You will be prompted with a three-month free trial offer. Tap on the “Try It Free” button.
- Enter your Apple ID and password that you created earlier. If you are using a device with Touch ID or Face ID, you can use those features to sign in.
- Enter your billing information. Apple requires you to enter your credit card details even if you are not going to be charged after the trial period is over.
- Tap on the “Join Apple Music” button.
Once you have redeemed your free trial, you can start using Apple Music immediately. You can search for your favorite songs, albums, and artists, and start listening to them right away. You can also create playlists, download songs for offline listening, and discover new music recommendations based on your listening habits.
Cancel Your Trial
If you’re unsure whether you want to continue using Apple Music after the trial period, it’s important to cancel your trial to avoid being charged. Here’s how to cancel your trial:
- Open the Apple Music app on your device
- Tap on your profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Tap on “View Apple ID”
- Scroll down to the “Subscriptions” section and tap on “Manage”
- Tap on “Cancel Free Trial”
- Confirm your cancellation by tapping on “Confirm”
Once you cancel your trial, you will still be able to use Apple Music until the end of the trial period. After the trial period ends, your account will no longer be charged and your access to Apple Music will be restricted.
In conclusion, signing up for a 6 months free trial of Apple Music is easy and can provide an enjoyable music listening experience for those who are new to the service. By following these steps to redeem, download, and cancel the trial, you can fully enjoy the benefits of the Apple Music service without any unwanted charges.
Apple Music Free Trial: Terms and Conditions Explained
Apple Music is a music streaming service that provides access to millions of songs, curated playlists, and exclusive content. New users can enjoy a free trial period before deciding to subscribe to the service. In this section, we will explain the terms and conditions of the Apple Music free trial.
The Apple Music Free Trial
Apple Music offers a free trial period of three months for new users. During the trial period, users have full access to all the features of the service, including the ability to stream and download songs, create playlists, and listen to live radio. Users can also cancel the free trial at any time.
After the free trial period ends, users will be charged a monthly subscription fee of $9.99 for an individual plan or $14.99 for a family plan, which can be shared with up to six people. Students can subscribe to the service for a discounted rate of $4.99 per month through the Apple Music Student plan.
Terms and Conditions
Before claiming the Apple Music free trial, users must agree to the terms and conditions of the service. Here are some of the key terms and conditions:
- The free trial is only available to new users who have not previously subscribed to Apple Music.
- Users must have a valid payment method on file to claim the free trial. The payment method will be charged if the user does not cancel the free trial before the end of the trial period.
- The free trial cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
- The free trial is only available in countries where Apple Music is available.
- Apple reserves the right to limit or revoke the free trial offer at any time.
Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of the Apple Music free trial:
|– Users can access millions of songs and exclusive content for free for three months.||– Users need to have a valid payment method on file, which will be charged if the free trial is not cancelled before the end of the trial period.|
|– Users can stream and download songs, create playlists, and listen to live radio during the free trial period.||– The free trial cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.|
|– Users can cancel the free trial at any time.||– The free trial is only available to new users who have not previously subscribed to Apple Music, limiting the offer to a subset of potential users.|
Comparisons with Other Music Streaming Services
Apple Music is not the only music streaming service that offers a free trial. Here is a comparison of the free trial offers of some popular music streaming services:
- Apple Music: 3-month free trial for new users with a valid payment method on file.
- Spotify: 1-month free trial for all new users. Premium subscribers can also receive a 3-month free trial for Hulu and Showtime.
- Pandora: 60-day free trial for Pandora Premium for new users with a valid payment method on file.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: 3-month free trial for new users with a valid payment method on file. Prime members can also receive a discounted rate of $7.99 per month.
Here are two real-world examples of how the Apple Music free trial has benefitted users:
Case Study #1: Kayla is a student who loves listening to music while studying. When she heard about the Apple Music Student Plan, which offers a discounted rate of $4.99 per month, she decided to give the service a try. Kayla claimed the free trial and was impressed with the extensive music library and curated playlists. After the trial period ended, she subscribed to the Apple Music Student Plan and continued to enjoy listening to music while studying.
Case Study #2: John is an avid music listener who likes to discover new artists and genres. When he heard about the Apple Music free trial, he decided to give the service a try. During the trial period, John was impressed with the personalized recommendations and exclusive content. After the trial period ended, he subscribed to the service and continued to explore the vast music library.
In conclusion, the Apple Music free trial offers users the opportunity to explore the service and determine whether a subscription is right for them. By understanding the terms and conditions, users can make an informed decision about whether to claim the free trial and ultimately subscribe to the service.
How to Redeem 6 Months Free Apple Music
Now that we have compared Apple Music and Spotify, let’s proceed to the more exciting part – redeeming six months of free Apple Music! Here’s how you can avail the offer:
Create an Apple ID
1. Launch your web browser and go to apple.com.
2. Click on “Account” located on the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
3. Click on “Create Your Apple ID.”
4. Fill out the necessary information and create your Apple ID.
Download and Install the Apple Music App
1. Go to the App Store on your mobile device or iTunes on your desktop.
2. Search for the Apple Music app.
3. Download and install the app.
Activate Your Free 6-Month Apple Music Subscription
1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Tap “Start 3-Month Free Trial.”
3. Choose the membership plan of your choice.
4. Provide your payment and billing information. Don’t worry, Apple won’t charge your account until the end of the free trial.
5. Confirm your subscription.
Pros and Cons of Apple Music and Spotify
In this section, we will take a closer look at the pros and cons of the two most popular music streaming services with the intent of helping you decide which platform is worth trying for a free trial.
Apple Music Pros
- Uninterrupted streaming. The service provides seamless streaming even when switching between devices for a personalized music experience.
- Exclusive releases . You get access to newly released music before they are made available on Spotify
- Lyrics and music videos. Apple Music offers a feature that allows you to access song lyrics and playlists with music videos.
Apple Music Cons
- User Interface. Some users experience the interface as less user-friendly and cluttered compared to Spotify.
- Price. After the free-trial, the user’s monthly rate is higher compared to Spotify.
- Android Versatility. While Apple Music can be accessed on Android devices, airplay is typically a needed feature to play music in some smart speakers.
- Interface. The service’s interface is intuitive and user-friendly.
- Personalization. The more you stream, the better Spotify gets to know your preferences to provide an even better personalized experience.
- Free Version. Spotify’s free version has no cost, albeit with ads
- Interruptions. Spotify’s free version has occasional interruptions from ads.
- Small Playlists. Spotify tends to have small playlists for particular genres or moods.
- Ad-Free Yearly Membership. The ad-free yearly membership is more expensive than regular memberships.
|Price after Free-Trial||$9.99/mo||$9.99/mo|
|Annual Plan Options||$99.00/yr||$13.99/mo or $99.00/yr|
|Number of Cataloged Songs||More than 60 million||More than 70 million|
|Free version||No, except trial period||Yes, with ads|
In summary, Spotify’s free version is beneficial for people who are hesitant to pay for a music streaming service, while Apple Music is the better option for those willing to pay to gain access to exclusive content, especially for artists under the Apple Records label. Ultimately, the best music streaming service will depend on your personal preferences and circumstances.
How to Get Started with your 6 Months of Free Apple Music?
Before you dive into the tips and tricks of getting the most out of your Apple Music subscription, you must first know how to redeem your free 6 months subscription. Follow these steps to get started:
- Open the Apple Music app or visit their website.
- Sign up for an Apple ID if you don’t already have one.
- Click on the “Try it free” button.
- Select the Individual Plan or Family Plan and click “Start Trial.”
- Enter your payment information, but don’t worry, you won’t be charged during your 6 months free subscription period.
- Click on the “Join Apple Music,” and you’re all set up to enjoy your free subscription.
Once you have redeemed your 6 months of free Apple Music subscription, here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of it.
How to Discover New Music with Apple Music?
Apple Music provides incredible support for discovering music that fits your taste. With features like “New Music Mix,” “For You,” and “Browse,” you can explore new and exciting genres, playlists, and artists. Here are some ways to discover new music with Apple Music:
- Listen to personalized playlists; Apple Music curates playlists based on your music tastes by analyzing the genre, artists, and playlists you listen to most.
- Explore new music through “For You” recommendations. Apple Music analyzes your listening habits and recommends new artists and songs based on your favorite genres, artists, and playlists.
- Browse new releases, exclusives, and top charts. Apple Music allows you to explore new releases and exclusives and browse top charts, so you’re never out of sync with what’s trending around the world.
- Ask Siri. Apple Music integrates with Siri, and with the command “Play something I might like,” Siri plays songs based on your listening history.
|Personalized Recommendations||Difficulty in Finding Old Songs||Apple Music vs. Spotify|
|Exclusive Content||Limited High-Quality Music||Apple Music vs. Tidal|
|Compatible with Siri||Difficulty in Choosing the Best Plan||Apple Music vs. Amazon Music Unlimited|
How to Collaborate Playlists with Friends?
Collaborative playlists are one of the most significant features of Apple Music. With Collaborative Playlists, you can invite your friends and family to add songs to the same playlist. Here’s how:
- Create a Playlist by clicking on the “+” icon.
- Select the option “New Playlist” -> “Create Playlist.”
- Type in the playlist name and click on “Create.”
- Click on “Edit” and select “Public” for the Collaborative Playlist.
- Share the playlist with your friends who have an Apple Music account.
- If you want to restrict people to add songs, click on “Add People” and select “Only people you invite.”
- Invite your friends by sharing the playlist link via iMessage or email.
- Your friends can now add songs to the playlist, and everyone can enjoy the new music.
How to Download Songs to Listen Offline?
Apple Music allows users to download songs for offline listening. This feature is incredibly useful when you’re on the go and can’t stream music on the internet. Here’s how:
- Open the Apple Music App and select the albums or playlists that you want to download.
- Click on the three dots beside the album or playlist.
- Select “Add to Library.” If you have already added it, click on “Download to offline.”
- Your songs will begin to download, and you’ll be able to listen to them offline anytime and anywhere.
How to Use Apple Music on All Your Devices?
With your 6 months of free Apple Music subscription, you can listen to your music across all your devices – from your iPhone to your Apple Watch, and from your Mac to your Homepod. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Apple Music account on all your devices with the same Apple ID.
- Your account, including your playlists, recommendations, and downloaded songs, will automatically sync across all your devices.
- Take advantage of Siri to control your music playback with voice commands like “Play my favorite songs” or “Shuffle my playlist.”
- Enjoy Apple Music on your Apple Watch, even when your iPhone is not nearby. Just connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi or Cellular, and you’re ready to go.
Now that you are aware of these tips and tricks, you can make the most of your 6 months of free Apple Music subscription to explore new music or enjoy your favorite tracks anytime and anywhere, hassle-free.
Common Issues with Redeeming Apple Music Free Trials and How to Solve Them
So you’ve decided to try out Apple Music and heard that you can get a 6-month free trial. Exciting, right? But sometimes, redeeming the free trial can be a bit tricky. Here are some common issues that users face and how to solve them.
1. “This offer is not available in your country or region.”
Unfortunately, the 6-month free trial offer is not available in some countries or regions. If you’re seeing this message, it means that your country or region is not eligible for the offer. However, Apple does offer a three-month free trial to users in these countries, so you can still try out the service.
Interesting Fact: As of 2021, Apple Music is available in over 167 countries.
2. “You’re not eligible for this offer.”
If you’ve never subscribed to Apple Music before, you should be eligible for the free trial offer. However, there are a few reasons why you might be deemed ineligible, such as having previously used a free trial or currently being subscribed to Apple Music. To solve this, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and that you’re not currently subscribed to the service. If you’re sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and are still facing issues, contact Apple Support for further assistance.
3. “Your Apple Music trial has expired.”
This message may appear if you’ve previously redeemed a free trial or if your subscription has ended. If you were previously subscribed to Apple Music, you’ll have to cancel your subscription before redeeming the free trial offer. If you’ve previously redeemed a free trial, you won’t be eligible for another one. In this case, you can either subscribe to the service or use another Apple ID to redeem the free trial offer.
4. “You must have a valid payment method on file.”
To redeem the free trial offer, you need to have a valid payment method on file with Apple. This is to ensure that you’re able to pay for the service once the free trial ends. If you’re unable to add a payment method, check that you’re using a supported payment method and that your billing address matches that of your payment method.
5. “The offer is only available to a single user once.”
The 6-month free trial offer is only available to new subscribers and can only be redeemed once per user. If someone in your household has already redeemed the offer, you won’t be able to do so again. However, if you’re using Family Sharing, you can still access Apple Music through the family plan.
|Long free trial period||Not available in all countries|
|No commitment to subscribe after trial||Can only be redeemed once per user|
|Access to over 75 million songs||Requires valid payment method on file|
- Make sure your country or region is eligible for the offer before attempting to redeem it
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before redeeming the offer
- Cancel your subscription if you’re currently subscribed to Apple Music
- Make sure that you have a valid payment method on file
- Check if someone in your household has already redeemed the offer
In conclusion, although redeeming the 6-month free trial offer for Apple Music can be tricky, it’s definitely worth it if you’re looking for a new music streaming service. By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to redeem the offer without any issues. Remember, if you’re still having trouble, don’t hesitate to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
FAQs – How to Redeem 6 Months Free Apple Music
How do I redeem 6 months free Apple Music?
To redeem 6 months free Apple Music, you need to purchase an eligible Apple device and then claim the offer within 90 days of activating it. You can redeem the offer via the Apple Music app, iTunes, or through the Apple website.
Can I redeem this offer if I already have an Apple Music subscription?
No, this offer is only available to new customers who have never tried Apple Music before. If you already have a subscription, you won’t be able to redeem this offer.
What if I don’t see the 6 months free offer after purchasing an eligible device?
If you don’t see the offer, make sure that your device is eligible and that you’re using the same Apple ID that you used to activate your device. If you still don’t see the offer, contact Apple Support for assistance.
How long do I have to redeem the offer?
You have 90 days from the date of activating your eligible device to redeem the offer.
Do I need to provide any payment method to redeem the offer?
Yes, you will need to provide a valid payment method to redeem the offer. However, you won’t be charged during the 6 months free trial period.
Can I cancel the offer before the end of the 6 months free trial period?
Yes, you can cancel the offer at any time before the end of the 6 months free trial period to avoid being charged after the trial ends.
Yes, you can share your 6 months free Apple Music subscription with up to 5 other family members using the Apple Music Family Sharing feature.
What’s included in the 6 months free Apple Music trial?
The 6 months free Apple Music trial gives you access to millions of songs, curated playlists, and live radio stations. You can also download songs for offline playback and listen ad-free.
What happens after the 6 months free trial period ends?
After the 6 months free trial period ends, you will be charged the standard monthly Apple Music subscription fee unless you cancel your subscription before the trial period ends.
Can I use this offer on multiple devices?
No, this offer is only available for one eligible device per Apple ID.
To redeem 6 months free Apple Music, purchase an eligible device and claim the offer within 90 days of activating it. Remember to share the subscription with 5 other family members using Family Sharing feature. You will need to provide a valid payment method to redeem the offer, but you won’t be charged during the trial period. After the trial period, you will be charged the standard monthly subscription fee if you don’t cancel your subscription. Enjoy your free trial and happy music streaming!
After reading this article, make sure to redeem the offer within the 90-day period and use the Family Sharing feature to share it with your loved ones. If you want to learn more about Apple Music or other related topics, check out our other interesting articles.
Goodbye and happy listening!