Hello there, social media enthusiasts! Do you ever feel like your Facebook feed is just endless posts of written text and static images? Sometimes, words alone cannot express what you want to say – especially when you have a lot of emotions to convey. So, how about creating a video with music? A Facebook video with background music is a simple yet powerful way to evoke emotions and engage your viewers. Today, we’re going to cover exactly how to make a Facebook video with music.
If you create a Facebook video with music, you can expect to get increased engagement rates and higher chances of your content getting shared. According to a study, videos with music attract three times more views and five times more shares than videos without music. Moreover, music can trigger emotional responses and enhance the overall viewer experience. So, if you want to make an impact with your Facebook content and stand out from the crowd, adding music to your videos is a great idea.
Don’t worry if you’re not tech-savvy or have no idea where to start. In this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to create a Facebook video with music. You will learn how to choose the right kind of music, add it to your video, and adjust the volume properly. We’ll also show you some of the best video editing tools and resources available online. By the end of this article, you will have all the knowledge you need to create your own Facebook video with music – and witness the magical effects it has on your audience. So, let’s get started!
How to Add Music to a Facebook Video
Adding music to a Facebook video is a great way to make your content more engaging and memorable. Whether you want to enhance the mood of your video, promote a product or service, or just share a fun clip with friends and family, adding music can help convey your message and increase the engagement rate.
Choose the Right Music for Your Video
Selecting the right music is one of the most important steps to consider when adding music to your Facebook video. It can be helpful to think about what kind of mood you want your video to convey and what kind of music would fit that mood. Do you want your video to be happy and upbeat or moody and introspective? Once you identify the mood, you can search for music that matches it.
It is essential to use music that is royalty-free to avoid copyright infringement issues. There are many websites that allow you to download royalty-free music, such as Audio Jungle, Premium Beat, and Epidemic Sound. Another option is to use Facebook’s own music library, which is available for videos published on Facebook only. It is a convenient way to choose music, and you know that it is copyright-free.
Here are some things to consider when choosing the right music for your video:
- The mood you want to convey
- The genre of music that fits that mood
- The tone of your video
- The pacing of your video
- How the music will impact your audience
Table: Pros and Cons of Using Facebook’s Music Library vs. Downloading Royalty-free Music
|Pros of using Facebook’s Music Library||Cons of Using Facebook’s Music Library|
|-Convenient and easy to use||-Limited selection of songs|
|-No copyright issues since it is Facebook’s library||-Only available for videos published on Facebook|
|-May not match the mood or tone of your video|
Adding Music to Your Facebook Video
Once you’ve chosen the perfect music for your Facebook video, it’s time to add it to the clip. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device or desktop computer.
- Click on the “Create Post” button and select “Photo/Video.”
- Select the video you want to edit and click on “Edit Video.”
- Click on the “Add Audio” button and select the music you want to add.
- Adjust the music to match the video’s length.
- Preview the video with music added and make sure it sounds perfect.
- Click on “Publish” to share your video with the world.
It is important to note that Facebook will remove any video that includes copyrighted music without proper permission. Therefore, it is best to use royalty-free music when adding background music to your Facebook videos.
Adding music to your Facebook video can help enhance its overall quality, making it more shareable and engaging. When choosing the right music, it’s important to consider the mood and tone of both the video and the music. Selecting music that is royalty-free will help avoid any copyright issues. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily add music to your Facebook videos and boost their appeal.
Using Royalty-Free Music in Facebook Videos
Creating videos on Facebook has become a popular way to promote businesses or personal brands. Adding music to your video can enhance its impact and evoke emotions from your audience. However, using copyrighted music without permission can lead to legal issues. A safer option is to use royalty-free music. In this section, we will discuss what is royalty-free music and how to use it in your Facebook videos.
What is Royalty-Free Music?
Royalty-free music refers to a type of music license that allows you to use the music for commercial or personal purposes without paying ongoing fees for each use. Once you’ve paid for the license, you can use the music as many times as you want. This type of music frees you from the worry of legal issues associated with using copyrighted music.
There are many websites that offer royalty-free music, such as AudioJungle, Epidemic Sound, and PremiumBeat. Most of these websites charge a one-time fee for a license, which can range from $10 to $100 depending on the length and quality of the music you choose.
Pros and Cons of Using Royalty-Free Music
- Low cost: Most websites that offer royalty-free music charge a one-time fee for a license, which is usually affordable compared to hiring a composer or using copyrighted music.
- Reduced legal risk: Using royalty-free music reduces the risk of legal issues associated with using copyrighted music.
- Unlimited use: Once you’ve paid for the license, you can use the music as many times as you want without any additional fees.
- Choice of music genres: Most royalty-free music websites offer a wide range of music genres, from classical to pop to hip-hop.
- May not be unique: Since royalty-free music is available to everyone who purchases a license, there is a possibility that your video may contain the same music as another video.
- May not be tailored to your video: Royalty-free music may not fit the message or theme of your video as perfectly as a custom-made soundtrack would.
- May not be original: Some royalty-free music may contain samples or loops from other copyrighted songs, which may lead to legal issues if used improperly.
How to Use Royalty-Free Music in Facebook Videos
Now that you know what royalty-free music is and its pros and cons, you may be wondering how to use it in your Facebook videos. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose the right music: Search for music that fits the theme, tone, and message of your video. Use keywords to narrow down your search results.
- Download the music: Once you’ve selected the music you want, download it to your computer. You may need to create an account on the website and purchase a license before downloading the music.
- Add the music to your video: Import the music file into your video editing software and add it to your video timeline. Adjust the volume and length of the music to fit your video.
- Export and upload your video: Export your video and upload it to Facebook. Make sure you include any necessary credits for the music in the video description or credits section.
Real-World Example: Starbucks’ Facebook Video
Starbucks, a popular coffee chain, uses royalty-free music in its Facebook video ads. In one of its recent ads, the company features a cold brew coffee and adds the music track “Upbeat Indie Rock” from AudioJungle to the background. The music complements the energetic and upbeat vibe of the ad and attracts viewers’ attention. By using royalty-free music, Starbucks avoids legal risks associated with using copyrighted music while still being able to create a dynamic and impactful video.
In conclusion, using royalty-free music in your Facebook videos is a great way to enhance its impact and evoke emotions from your audience. Remember to choose the right music that fits your video’s theme and message, and to follow the necessary steps to properly license and credit the music. With a wide range of websites that offer affordable and diverse options, creating an engaging video has never been easier!
Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Facebook Video with Music
Facebook has become one of the largest social media platforms in the world with over 2.45 billion active monthly users as of 2021. With so many users, it is a great platform to share your creative videos with family and friends. And, what could be better than adding music to enhance the experience? But, if you do not know how to make a Facebook video with music, don’t worry. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to make a Facebook video with music.
Step 1: Select Your Video Editing Software
To make videos with music, you need to select video editing software. There are a variety of free and paid video editing tools available. Some of the popular free video editors are Lightworks, iMovie, Blender, and Shotcut. If you have a bigger budget, you can go for Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro. The video editor should have basic features such as the ability to trim clips, add music, transitions, and effects.
Step 2: Gather Your Raw Footage and Music
Once you have decided on a video editor, the next step is to gather your raw footage and music. You can shoot your video using a camera or your smartphone. You can also download free stock footage from websites like Pexels or Videvo. For music, you can choose music from your device or choose from the vast collection of music libraries such as Epidemic Sound or AudioJungle.
Step 3: Import Your Footage and Music to Your Video Editor
After gathering your footage and music, it is time to import them to your video editor. In this step, you need to open your video editor and create a new project. Then, import your footage and music to the project. You can either drag and drop your files to the project or import them through the file menu.
Step 4: Arrange Your Footage and Music on the Timeline
Once you have imported your footage and music, it is time to arrange them on the timeline. The timeline is the place where you can see the sequence of your clips and audio tracks. You can cut clips, add transitions, and adjust the audio levels on the timeline.
Step 5: Add Music to Your Video
Now that you have arranged your footage and music, it is time to add music to your video. To add music to your video, drag and drop the audio file to the timeline under the video track. Adjust the audio volume according to your preference. You can also trim the music to make it fit the length of your video.
Step 6: Add Text and Effects (Optional)
If you want to add some text or effects to your video, you can do so in this step. Adding text can help your viewers understand your video better. Adding effects can enhance the visuals of your video. You can use the effects and titles available in your video editor or download third-party plugins.
Now that you have completed all the editing, it is time to export and share your video on Facebook. You can export your video in different formats depending on your requirement. Once the video is ready, upload it to your Facebook page or profile. You can add hashtags and captions to increase your video’s visibility.
|Pros of Making a Facebook Video with Music||Cons of Making a Facebook Video with Music|
Overall, adding music to your Facebook video can be an excellent way to increase engagement and make your video stand out from others. But, it is important to use the music effectively and be careful not to infringe on copyright laws. Follow the steps outlined in this article, and you will be well on your way to making great videos with music on Facebook.
Enhancing Your Facebook Video with Background Music
Videos tend to be more attractive when there is background music. It sets the tone and keeps the audience engaged throughout the video. A research study by Facebook shows that videos with music have a higher watch time compared to those without. Adding music to your Facebook video is simple and we will guide you through the process.
Choosing the Right Music for Your Facebook Video
Choosing the right music will make all the difference in your Facebook video. You should put some thought into selecting the appropriate music to fit the theme of your video. Here are some tips you can use to choose the right music for your video:
- Consider your target audience – the kind of music your audience appreciates should be your top priority when choosing background music for your Facebook video. If your target audience is the youth, consider using upbeat music.
- Use a music licensing service – free music websites do not offer high-quality music. Therefore, consider using paid websites, such as AudioJungle and PremiumBeat, which offer a wide range of music genres to fit different video themes.
- Avoid copyrighted music – always avoid using copyrighted music in your Facebook video, as this will result in a copyright infringement claim, which may lead to your video being taken down.
- Pick music that doesn’t overshadow your message – your video’s audio message should take precedence over the background music.
- Match the music to the mood – ensure that the music matches the mood of your video, whether it is happy, sad, or suspenseful.
Adding Music to Your Facebook Video Using Built-in Features
You can add music to your Facebook video using its built-in features. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to add music to your Facebook video:
- Open Facebook and click on the camera icon in your status bar
- Select “Create a Story” or “Create a Post”
- Upload your video file – click on the video icon and select your video file
- Select the music icon – select your desired music option from the sound library or search for a particular song
- Adjust the music clip by dragging the Soundtrack slider to the desired section of the song
- Click on the font icon to add text or captions
- Click the share button to post your video
Using Third-Party Tools
Besides Facebook’s built-in features, you can also use third-party tools to add music to your Facebook video. Here are some of the most popular third-party tools:
|VideoShow||– A free app with an easy-to-use interface
– Allows users to add background music and sound effects
|– It has ads
– It doesn’t support 4K videos
|iMovie||– It offers free music options
– It is easy to use and offers many video editing features
|– It is only available on iOS devices
– It is not compatible with Android devices
|InShot||– It is free
– It has a user-friendly interface
– Enables you to use any audio files as background music
|– It has ads|
|Kapwing||– It allows users to upload audio files and supports many video file formats
– It is free to use
|– It requires an internet connection
– It is not as comprehensive as other video editing apps.
Best Practices for Adding Music to Your Facebook Video
Here are some best practices to consider when adding music to your Facebook video:
- Use music sparingly – a little input of music goes a long way. Therefore, avoid excessive music clips in your video that detract from the central message.
- Consider adding sound effects – you can use sound effects to complement your chosen background music and add depth to your video.
- Keep the music low – ensure that the music isn’t too loud, as this can drown out the audio message in your video.
- Use suitable music – fitting music improves the overall impression of your video. Therefore, take the time to find the right music that matches video script and theme.
- Keep track of music usage – it’s worth keeping a record of the music you’ve included in the Facebook videos you’ve created so that you don’t use the same music twice. Reusing the same music can become monotonous and annoying to your audience.
Adding music to your Facebook video is an excellent way to keep your audience engaged and interested in your content. Now, with these extra tips and tools, you can confidently create videos with suitable background music that matches your video’s theme and tone. Remember, adding the right music to your Facebook video can take it from good to great!
5. Top Popular Music to Use for Facebook Videos
Choosing the right music for your Facebook video can make all the difference in creating an engaging video that captures the attention of your audience. In this section, we’ll look at the top popular music genres to use for Facebook videos and provide tips on how to choose the perfect music to accompany your video.
Choosing the Right Music Genre
Music can help set the tone and mood of your Facebook video. Depending on what your video is about, you will want to choose music that reflects the mood you want to evoke in your audience. Here are some popular music genres and their moods:
- Pop: upbeat, cheerful, and energetic
- R&B: smooth, sultry, and romantic
- Rock: edgy, powerful, and rebellious
- Hip-hop: confident, bold, and cool
- Electronic: futuristic, energetic, and fast-paced
When selecting your music, think about the emotions that you want your video to convey. Make sure that the selected genre matches the mood you want to put across.
Top 5 Popular Songs for Facebook Videos
Finding the right music for your Facebook video can be a bit overwhelming with so many options. Here are the top 5 most popular songs to use for Facebook videos:
|1||Uptown Funk||Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars|
|3||All of Me||John Legend|
|4||Shape of You||Ed Sheeran|
|5||Closer||The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey|
These songs are popular because they resonate with a wide audience and carry catchy beats and relatable lyrics that make them memorable.
Consider Licensing and Copyright Laws
Before using any music for your Facebook video, it is essential to ensure that you have the appropriate licenses or permissions to use them. Failure to do so could lead to legal penalties, fines or have your video removed on Facebook.
You should consider using royalty-free or licensed music, which provides you with usage rights without any legal risks. Alternatively, you can purchase licenses that grant you permission to use copyrighted music. Always make sure to read the terms and conditions before licensing or purchasing any music.
In conclusion, choosing the right music for your Facebook video is significant, as it sets the tone and mood of your video for the audience. Always ensure that you have the necessary licenses or permissions to use the music you chose to avoid legal complications. By considering the music genre, mood, and audience for your video, you can create an engaging Facebook video that is more appealing to your audience.
FAQs: How to Make a Facebook Video with Music
How can I add music to my Facebook video?
Start by uploading your video on Facebook. Then, tap the “Edit Video” button and select “Music” from the sidebar. Pick a song from the available options, or upload your own music. Once done, click “Save.” Voila!
Can I upload a video with copyrighted music on Facebook?
Generally, uploading a video with copyrighted music is against Facebook’s terms of service. However, Facebook has made some deals with music labels, with which you can use their catalog without any legal issues.
How long can my Facebook video be with music?
A Facebook video can be up to 240 minutes long. However, you can add a music track that is only up to 60 seconds.
What are the best apps to add music to a Facebook video?
Some of the best apps to add music to a Facebook video are Quik, InShot, Premiere Rush, and Magisto. You can also use Facebook’s in-built editor to add music to your video.
Do I need to download music from Facebook to add it to my video?
No, you don’t need to download music from Facebook. You can add music from your device’s music library or use the music available in the Facebook library directly.
How can I remove the music from my Facebook video?
The process of removing music from your Facebook video is easy. Open your video and click on “Edit Video.” Next, go to the music section and click on “Remove.” This should remove the music from your video.
How can I add multiple songs to my Facebook video?
Unfortunately, Facebook’s in-built editor only allows adding one song to a video. However, you can use other third-party apps that allow adding multiple songs to your video.
How can I make sure my Facebook video doesn’t violate copyright laws?
To avoid violating copyright laws, you may check Facebook’s Sound Collection, which includes royalty-free music. Alternatively, use music that is in the public domain or has a Creative Commons license.
Once you’ve created your video and added music to it, click on “Post” on your Facebook profile. Then, click on “Embed” to access the video’s HTML code, which you can copy and paste on other social media platforms such as Twitter or LinkedIn.
Can I use Facebook’s sound collection for my YouTube videos?
Facebook’s Sound Collection is only meant for Facebook-owned apps and services, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Oculus. Using them on other platforms can lead to copyright issues.
In conclusion, making a Facebook video with music is easy when you know the steps. Make sure to choose appropriate, non-copyrighted music, select the right app, and edit your video to perfection. Afterward, you can share your video across multiple social media platforms with a click of a button. We hope this article has been helpful. Feel free to check out our other articles for more exciting topics!