Hello, Instagrammers and Reels enthusiasts! Are you tired of scrolling through reels without any sound or finding the perfect song for your video but not knowing how to add it? We’ve all been there, but fear not, because in this article, we’re going to show you just how easy it is to add music to your Reels and take your creativity to the next level.
By the end of this article, you’ll know exactly how to add your favourite tunes to your Reels and create engaging videos that will capture the attention of your followers. You’ll no longer be left out of the music game and can say goodbye to silent Reels forever. With our step-by-step guide, you’ll soon discover how simple and enjoyable it is to add music to your content and increase your engagement levels.
Our expert tips and tricks have been tried and tested time and time again, and we’ve got the proof to show it. From adding music to Reels on your mobile device to finding the right song for your content, we’ve got you covered. So, without further ado, let’s dive in and show you just how easy it is to add some flavour to your Reels!
How to add music to reels on Instagram: a beginner’s guide
Are you excited to create reels on Instagram but not sure how to add music? Adding music to your reels is a vital element you can’t avoid if you want to gain traction with your content. It could make your reel enjoyable and keep your viewers engaged. This guide will walk you through the basics of adding music to your Instagram reels and help you unleash your creativity.
1. How to Find Music for your Reels?
Before you start creating your reels, let us look at how to get access to Instagram’s vast music library.
- Use Instagram Music Library: When you open the Instagram app, and you’re on the Reels creation screen, there is a music note icon on the left side of the screen. Tap on it, and it will open the music library. The library includes a selection of popular songs and tracks sorted by mood and genres. Browse through the music and select your preferred song to add to your reel.
- Use your Personal Music Library: Instagram allows you to choose from your mobile library. It can be accessed by tapping the ‘Use Audio’ label at the bottom middle of the screen. This feature is available in regions where Instagram Music Library is not available.
- Search: If you know the title of the song or the artist’s name, search it in the app’s search bar. When Instagram retrieves your search, tap on the “Music” tab, and a list of songs associated with your search param will appear.
- Browse by Genre & Mood: Instagram has categorized music by moods and genres, making it more comfortable for you to find the perfect song for your Reel. Genres range from Electronic to Pop, while Moods are classified into categories like ‘Upbeat,’ ‘Romantic’ and ‘Chill.’
Pro Tip: Instagram outlines the song’s features on the app, including the song’s length and a preview of how it sounds. Listen to the preview before you add it to your reel.
2. Add Music Before, During or After Recording?
When creating Reels, you have three different options to add music. It can be added during recording, before recording, or post-recording.
- Before recording: This option lets you select the song you want to use before starting your recording. Start by tapping on the “Music” icon before recording, tap on a specific song, then click on “Use Audio.”
- During Recording: You can add a second song during recording. Start by tapping on the “Music” icon during recording, then select the second song you’d like to add.
- Post Recording: If the default sounds or music played while recording did not attract you, or you have changed your mind about the song you chose, you can still edit your reel post-recording. Tap on the music icon at the bottom left of your editing screen, and the Music Library would be displayed. Replacing your song is as simple as tapping a new song and selecting it before saving your reel.
3. Adding Music to Existing Reels
Adding music to existing reels is identical to the usual process of adding music while creating reels. Open the reel and click on the three (3) dots at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on the “Edit” option and tap on the music icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen. This will open the music library, and you can select your preferred song to add to your reel.
4. Legal Issues of using Copyrighted Music
Instagram has outlined different rules that creators must adhere to when creating reels. Not adhering to these rules may result in the removal of the content from the platform or disabling the account. Using copyrighted music without permission can result in accountability for violators.
|Enhances Reels and keeps your audience engaged||Misuse of copyrighted material could attract accountability|
|Collaborate through music as artists and creators||No way around it without permission which can be costly|
Instagram in a bid to create a safer space for creators and artists has created a feature for creators to tag original music on reels. This will always keep track of the original content creator and let creators know if someone uses their music without permission. With the growth of Reels and the importance of using music for astounding content, this will help promote music discovery while still protecting artists and creators.
In conclusion, adding music to Reels is a simple process that requires utilizing Instagram’s music library or adding your music. Keep your creativity flowing by adding your twist to every reel through music. With this beginner’s guide, using music in your reels should become more comfortable, and your content should be more engaging.
Top Tips for Finding Royalty-Free Music for Your Reels
Adding music to your Reels is a great way to make your videos more engaging and interesting. However, finding the perfect music can be a daunting task, especially when you’re trying to avoid copyright infringement. In this article, we’ll share some tips and tricks for finding royalty-free music for your Reels.
What is Royalty-Free Music?
Royalty-free music is a type of music that can be used without paying royalties or license fees for each use. In other words, you pay once to access the music, and then you can use it as much as you want without any additional costs. There are many different types of royalty-free music, including stock music, production music, and sound effects.
There are many benefits to using royalty-free music in your Reels, including:
– You can use the music without worrying about copyright infringement.
– You can save money on licensing fees.
– You can choose from a wide variety of music styles and genres.
– You can customize the music to fit your video editing.
If you want to use royalty-free music in your Reels, here are some tips to get started:
- Understand the different types of royalty-free music
There are several types of royalty-free music, each with its own pricing and licensing options. Here are some of the different types of royalty-free music:
- Stock Music: Stock music is pre-recorded music that is licensed for commercial use. This type of music is often sold in libraries, and you can purchase the rights to use it in your videos.
- Production Music: Production music is created specifically for use in TV or film productions. This type of music is often customizable, and you can purchase the rights to use it in your videos.
- Sound Effects: Sound effects are short audio clips that can be used to enhance your videos. These can be found in libraries or created yourself.
Knowing the different types of music can help you choose the best type of music for your video.
- Research the different sources of royalty-free music
There are many websites, libraries, and companies that offer royalty-free music. Here are some of the most popular sources:
- Premiumbeat: This website offers high-quality music that you can use in commercial projects.
- Epidemic Sound: This company offers royalty-free music, sound effects, and even stock footage for commercial use.
- AudioJungle: This is a stock music company that offers royalty-free music and sound effects.
- YouTube Audio Library: This is a free library of music and sound effects that you can use in your videos.
- Pond5: This website offers stock music, sound effects, and even footage that you can use in your videos.
It’s important to research different sources to find the best music for your video. Each source has its own pricing, licensing options, and selection of music.
- Choose the right music for your video
Choosing the right music for your video is crucial, as it sets the tone and mood of your video. Here are some things to consider when choosing music:
- Genre: Choose a music genre that fits the mood of your video. For example, if your video is a travel vlog, you may want to choose upbeat and cheerful music.
- Length: Make sure the length of your music matches the length of your video. You don’t want your music to end before your video does.
- Lyrics: Consider whether or not you want lyrics in your music. Lyrics can be distracting, so you may want to choose instrumental music instead.
- Volume: Make sure the volume of your music is appropriate. You don’t want your music to overpower your video or be too quiet.
Choosing the right music can make a big difference in the impact of your video.
Pros and Cons of Using Royalty-Free Music
Here are some pros and cons of using royalty-free music in your Reels:
|Can save money on licensing fees||May not have as much variety as copyrighted music|
|Can customize the music to fit your video||May not be as popular or well-known as copyrighted music|
|You can use the music without worrying about copyright infringement||You may need to spend time searching for the perfect music|
Overall, using royalty-free music can save you money and legal headaches. However, you may need to do some searching to find the perfect music for your video.
Adding music to your Reels is a great way to make your videos more engaging and interesting. Using royalty-free music is a great way to avoid copyright infringement and save money on licensing fees. By researching different sources, understanding the different types of royalty-free music available, and choosing the right music for your video, you can create a stunning and professional-looking Reel.
The Benefits of Adding Music to Your Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels has quickly become a popular feature on the social media platform. And just like any other video content, reels can benefit from a great soundtrack. In fact, adding music to your Instagram reels can make them more aesthetically pleasing, engaging and shareable. In this section, we will explore the advantages of adding music to your Instagram reels.
1. Enhances Audience’s Watching Experience
As human beings, we have a natural affinity towards music. Music has an innate ability to evoke emotions and set the mood. Adding music to your Instagram reels can make them more engaging, more entertaining and can even heighten the emotions you want to convey. With Instagram Reels being a short-form video platform, adding a great soundtrack can make the viewer relate to the content more easily. Music can also help to maintain the viewer’s attention span throughout the entire video.
Moreover, incorporating music into your Instagram reels can help your audience associate your content with that music in the future. Through this, you can build a community around the type of music you choose to use, creating a strong connection among your followers who share similar musical preferences.
2. Gives Life and Personality to Your Content
Music can add life to your Instagram Reels; it can make them more personal, show off your personality, and bring out your creative side. Adding music can also help you make a statement and display your message in a unique way. For instance, if you are creating a video about your travel experiences, adding music like reggae, Bossa Nova or techno can create a specific vibe for the viewer as you portray your unique travel experiences.
As you choose music for your Instagram Reels, picking the right music can be a great tool to showcase your brand’s overall tone and voice. It’s like finding your brand’s music DNA, which people can identify with.
3. Adds Variety and Versatility to Your Content
One of the best things about incorporating music into your Instagram Reels is the versatility it can bring to your content. There are a wide variety of music genres to choose from, which can be selected to suit the mood and visual imagery of the video. Likewise, music can be used creatively with a variety of visual techniques, such as slow motion, every beat matching a new clip, and much more.
Music can also help you easily switch between different styles of content on Instagram Reels. For example, if you, as a makeup artist, want to share your latest makeup tutorial, you can infuse a light-hearted tune to your Instagram Reel and then switch to a different song and tone to showcase your life as a makeup artist or behind-the-scenes video.
Pros and Cons of Adding Music to Your Instagram Reels
Here’s a table summarising our ideas:
The bottom line is, choosing the perfect music for your Instagram Reels is crucial to its success. As we explored, adding music to your Instagram Reels enhances the audience’s watching experience, gives life and personality to the content and adds variety and versatility to your content. Nonetheless, it is important to keep in mind that music can be a make or break element of Instagram Reels, and getting it right can mean the difference between going viral or the video.
Step-by-step guide for editing music in your Instagram reels
Instagram reels has become one of the most effective ways to showcase creativity, humorous clips, or promote brands on social media. Adding music to your reels enhances the overall aesthetic and makes your video more engaging. Instagram has a built-in music library that you can use to add background music to your videos. In this guide, we provide an easy-to-follow step-by-step process for editing music to your Instagram reels.
Step 1: Start by creating a new reel
The first step in the process is to create a new reel. Launch the Instagram app and tap the “+” sign at the bottom center of the screen. Then click on the “Reels” option on the left-hand menu, and you will be directed to the Reels camera. You can record a new video or upload an existing video to edit.
Step 2: Access the Instagram music library
Next, click on the “Music” option and browse the Instagram music library. Instagram has a vast music library featuring songs from a variety of genres, including pop, rock, hip-hop, jazz, and more. You can search for a specific song by title, artist, or browse through different playlists, moods, and themes.
Step 3: Choose your music and add it to your reel
Once you’ve found a music track that you like, click on it to preview. You can decide on the section of the song you want to include in your reel, and you can adjust the clip length by dragging the slider. Once you have selected your music, click “Use Audio” to add it to your reel.
Step 4: Edit your music to match your video
This is the most crucial step that makes your reel unique and memorable. You can edit the music to match your video’s pace and movement effectively. Here are some ways to edit your music:
- Synchronization: Ensure that the music is synchronized accurately with the video. You can drag and move the audio track to match the scene’s rhythm and beat effectively.
- Trimming: Use the trimming tool to shorten or elongate the clip’s duration. You can also mark out sections of the song to use in your reel effectively.
- Volume control: Adjust the music volume of your reel to suit the video’s tone and mood. You can increase or decrease the sound using the predetermined volume settings or a custom one.
- Overlay: Add a secondary music track over the primary soundtrack for a more dynamic effect. You can layer multiple songs from the Instagram music library to create a unique feel.
Once you have edited your music to your liking, you can save your reel and share it with your followers. Click “Preview” to see how your reel looks and use the “Trim” tool to cut any excess footage if necessary. Once you’re satisfied, tap “Share” to post your reel.
Pros and Cons of using Instagram Music Library
Using the Instagram music library comes with its benefits and drawbacks. Here is a table that illustrates the pros and cons:
In conclusion, adding music to your Instagram reels elevates the video’s quality and engagement level. Following these simple steps, you can seamlessly integrate music to create a memorable and entertaining reel. While the Instagram music library has its limitations, it remains an accessible and useful resource for social media users worldwide. Explore the music library, get creative and create impressive reels that resonate with your audience.
Common mistakes to avoid when adding music to your Instagram reels
Instagram Reels is a popular feature that allows users to share short and engaging videos with their followers. Adding music to your Reels creates an immersive experience for viewers and can even help your videos go viral. However, there are several mistakes that creators make when adding music to their Instagram Reels. In this article, we will discuss the common mistakes and how to avoid them.
1. Using copyrighted music without permission
One of the most common mistakes is using copyrighted music without permission. It’s important to note that just because you found a song on a free music platform doesn’t mean it’s free to use. Many artists still have control over their music even if they offer it on free platforms. Using copyrighted music without permission can lead to your Instagram account being flagged and even limited or disabled.
- Use platforms such as Epidemic Sound, Artlist, and Soundstripe that offer royalty-free music for personal and commercial use.
- Seek explicit permission from the artist or the record label to use their music. This is especially important if you plan to monetize your Instagram Reel or use it for promotional purposes.
2. Choosing music that doesn’t fit the video
While adding music to your Reels can enhance the viewer’s experience, it’s important to remember that the music should fit the video’s content. Choosing music that doesn’t fit the video can be distracting and doesn’t add value to the viewer’s experience.
- Choose music that enhances the mood or atmosphere of the video. For example, if you’re creating a workout Reel, consider using upbeat and motivational music.
- Use music to create contrast or add humor to the video. For example, if you’re creating a humorous Reel, using a sad song can create humor.
- Avoid using music that doesn’t fit the video’s tone or is out of place. For example, using a somber song for a lighthearted Reel.
3. Using music that is too loud or too soft
The volume of the music in your Instagram Reel is just as important as the music itself. Using music that is too loud or too soft can be unpleasant for the viewer and can ultimately lead to them not engaging with your content.
- Choose music that doesn’t overpower your voice over or main audio. This will allow viewers to hear your message clearly.
- Use software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere to adjust the volume of the music to match the video’s content.
- Make sure that the music’s volume is consistent throughout the video. Sudden volume changes can be jarring and unpleasant to the viewer.
4. Using too much or too little music
Another common mistake when adding music to your Instagram Reel is using too much or too little music. The right balance of music and audio can enhance the viewer’s experience and make your Reel more engaging.
- Avoid using music that plays throughout the entire video. This can be overwhelming to the viewer and ultimately lead to disengagement.
- Use music to intensify specific moments in the video. This can create impact and help viewers remember specific moments in your Reel.
- Make sure that the music doesn’t overpower the main audio. This will allow viewers to hear your message clearly.
5. Not considering the copyright attribution
Finally, when using royalty-free music platforms or after receiving explicit permission from artists or record labels, it’s important to give proper credit or attribution. Not considering the copyright attribution can lead to legal issues and ultimately hurt your brand’s reputation.
|-Fulfills legal requirement||-Might clutter the video and distract the viewer|
|-Promotes the artist or songwriter||-Might make the video look unprofessional|
|-Helps to avoid copyright infringement issues||-May only be required in specific situations, depending on the platform or the agreement with the artist or record label|
- Make sure to read the platform’s terms and conditions to determine the attribution requirements.
- Add the proper credit or attribution at the end of the video or in the video’s caption. This can include the artist’s name, song title, and the platform where you found the song.
- Use copyright-free music to avoid any attribution requirements.
In conclusion, adding music to your Instagram Reel is a powerful tool that can make your content engaging and memorable. However, it’s essential to avoid the common mistakes when adding music such as using copyrighted music without permission, choosing music that doesn’t fit the video, using music that is too loud or too soft, using too much or too little music, and not considering the copyright attribution. By following these guidelines, you can create engaging and effective Instagram Reels that will help grow your brand’s following.
FAQs – How to Add Music to Reels
1. How do I add music to my Reels?
To add music to your Reels, open the Instagram app, and swipe right to open the camera. Select the Reels option and choose the video you want to post. Tap the “Add Audio” option and scroll to select the song you want to add. Once you’ve selected a song, you can choose which part of the song you want to use and adjust the volume as needed.
2. How can I use my own music in my Reels?
You can use your own music in your Reels by uploading it to your Instagram account as a new post. Once your music is uploaded, you can then use it in your Reels by selecting it from the “My Audio” section of the music library.
3. How do I search for music on Instagram?
To search for music on Instagram, tap the “Add Audio” option while creating a Reel. From there, you can browse popular songs or use the search bar to look for a specific song or artist.
4. Can I use any song in my Reels?
Instagram has a large library of licensed music that you can use in your Reels, but not all songs are available due to copyright restrictions. If you want to use a specific song, check to see if it’s available in the Instagram music library.
5. Can I adjust the volume of the music in my Reels?
Yes, you can adjust the volume of the music in your Reels by selecting the “Volume” option and adjusting the slider to your desired volume level.
6. How do I delete the music from my Reels?
To delete the music from your Reels, select the Reel you want to edit and tap the “Audio” option. From there, you can tap the “Remove” button to delete the music from your Reel.
7. Can I add multiple songs to my Reels?
Yes, you can add multiple songs to your Reels by selecting the “Add Audio” option and selecting the songs you want to use. You can then adjust the volume levels and choose which part of each song to use.
8. How long can the music in my Reels be?
The music in your Reels can be up to 60 seconds long, which is the maximum length of a Reel on Instagram.
9. How do I make sure my Reels are not removed due to copyright issues?
To avoid copyright issues, it’s best to use music that is available in the Instagram music library or music that you have the legal rights to use. You can also give credit to the original artist in your caption or use royalty-free music.
10. Can I use sound effects in my Reels?
Yes, you can use sound effects in your Reels by selecting the “Sound” option and browsing through the available library of sound effects. You can then choose to use a sound effect on its own or alongside music.
Adding music to your Reels can help make them more engaging and fun to watch. With Instagram’s music library and editing tools, it’s easy to find the perfect song and adjust it to your liking. Remember to be mindful of copyright issues and give credit where credit is due. After reading this article, you should be able to confidently add music to your Reels and make them stand out. Good luck and happy creating!