Hello there! Are you tired of posting boring pictures or videos on your Instagram account? Want to add a little music to spice things up? Well, you’re in luck! Today, we’re going to cover the topic of how to add music to your IG post. We understand that many people struggle with this issue, so we’re here to offer some helpful tips to make your social media game more exciting.
By the end of this article, you’ll have a clear understanding of how to add music to your IG post without any hassle. You’ll be able to catch the attention of your followers and create a more engaging experience for your audience. With music, your posts will be more memorable and stand out from the rest.
If you’re wondering how to add music to your IG post, keep reading! We’ll be showing you step-by-step instructions on how to do it. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, our tips will teach you how to add music to your Instagram Story or post successfully. Plus, we’ll discuss the different ways you can add music, including using the IG music sticker or external apps. Stay tuned!
How to Add Music to IG Post: Top 5 Methods
Instagram has become an integral part of our daily lives, and the platform is continuously expanding its features. One of the features that have gained immense popularity among Instagram users is adding music to their posts. Whether you want to share your favorite song, add a background track to your video, or post a snippet of your favorite lyrics, Instagram has got your back. In this article, we will cover the top 5 methods of adding music to IG posts.
Method 1: Use the Instagram Music Library
Instagram’s built-in music library is the easiest way to add music to your posts. The library has over a million tracks, including popular songs and the latest hits. To use the library, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and create a new post
- Select the type of post you want to make (photo, video, or story)
- Tap on the Add Music button at the top of the screen
- Search for the song you want to add by typing the name or browsing through the categories
- Select the part of the song you want to use by dragging the slider on the screen
- Trim the length of the song (optional)
- Add any filters, effects, or stickers to your post
- Tap on Share to publish your post with music
Even though the Instagram music library has a vast collection of songs, some popular tracks might be missing due to licensing issues. In such cases, you can use the other methods described in this article.
Pros and Cons of Using Instagram Music Library
If you want to add a popular song to your post and showcase your love for the artist, you can use the Instagram music library to find the right track. For instance, when BTS released their song “Butter,” it became an instant hit. Many BTS fans used the Instagram music library to add the song to their posts, along with the new BTS-themed filters and stickers.
In conclusion, the Instagram music library is an excellent way to add music to your posts if you’re looking for something quick and easy. However, if you’re looking for more advanced editing options, you might want to explore the other methods described in this article.
The Benefits of Adding Music to Your IG Posts
Music has the power to inspire, uplift, and connect people all over the world. It is no wonder that adding music to your Instagram posts can take your content to the next level. In this article, we will explore the benefits of adding music to your IG posts.
1. Makes Your Posts More Engaging
By adding music, you can make your posts more entertaining, memorable, and engaging. This can help you to increase your reach and engagement rates. According to a study by HubSpot, visuals with audio have a higher retention rate than visuals alone. Music can set the mood and tone of your post, evoke emotions, and create a connection between you and your audience.
2. Increases Your Chances of Going Viral
Music has the potential to make your posts go viral. According to Instagram, posts with music have a greater likelihood of being shared and liked by users. By adding popular, trending, or unique music, you can increase your chances of reaching a wider audience. For example, Lizzo’s song “Good as Hell” became a viral sensation after it was used in multiple TikTok and Instagram videos.
3. Provides an Opportunity to Showcase Your Personality
Through music, you have the opportunity to showcase your personality and connect with your audience on a deeper level. This can help to establish a loyal following and create a personal brand. You can choose music based on your mood, personality, or message you want to convey. For instance, @jacobsartorius, a popular TikTok and Instagram influencer, used music to showcase his personality and express his creativity.
By using music-related hashtags in your posts, you can increase your reach and visibility. Music-related hashtags such as #music, #musicians, #musicianlife, #musicislife, and #musiclovers have millions of posts on Instagram. Using these hashtags can help to reach audiences interested in music and increase the chances of being discovered by new followers.
5. Offers an Opportunity to Collaborate with Musicians and Brands
Music offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with other musicians, brands, and influencers. By adding music with the permission of the artist, you can showcase new talent and support other creatives. For example, many brands partner with musicians to promote products or services through music videos, Instagram campaigns, or social media ads.
|Increases engagement rates||May not be suitable for all types of content|
|Can make your posts go viral||May face copyright issues|
|Provides an opportunity to showcase your personality||Music may distract from other elements of the post|
|Increases your reach||May not be audible on some devices|
|Offers an opportunity to collaborate with other musicians and brands||May require additional effort and resources to create|
- Choose the Right Music
- Get Permission to Use Music
- Use an Audio Editing App
- Add Captions or Lyrics
- Use Hashtags
The first step in adding music to your IG posts is choosing the right music for your content. Consider the tone, mood, and message of your post when choosing music.
It is important to get permission from the artist or copyright holder before using their music. This can prevent copyright infringement issues and protect your account from being penalized. You can also use royalty-free or licensed music from platforms such as Epidemic Sound, AudioJungle, or YouTube Audio Library.
Using an audio editing app can help you to add music to your IG posts and edit the audio quality, volume, and length. Some popular audio editing apps include InShot, iMovie, Splice, and Adobe Premier Rush.
Adding captions or lyrics to your post can help your followers understand the message of your post and make it more accessible. This can also increase your reach and engagement rates.
Using relevant music-related hashtags can help to increase your reach and visibility on Instagram. You can also create a branded hashtag to promote your music or personal brand.
In conclusion, adding music to your IG posts can offer numerous benefits, including increased engagement rates, greater chances of going viral, showcasing your personality, increased reach, and collaboration opportunities. By following the steps above and using the table to consider both the pros and cons, you can create unforgettable posts that resonate with your followers and attract new audiences.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Song for Your IG Post
Adding music to your Instagram post can enhance your content and help you create more compelling stories for your followers. But, how do you know which song to choose? Here are some tips to help you find the perfect song for your IG post.
1. Determine the Tone of Your Post
When adding music to your IG post, the tone of your video should match the music choice. If you are posting an emotional or serious video, you should select a song that has a slower tempo and a reflective tone. On the other hand, if you are posting a lighthearted or funny video, you should choose a song that has an upbeat tempo and a playful tone. Before selecting a song, determine the mood you want to convey and choose music that will enhance your message.
2. Consider Your Audience
When selecting a song for your IG post, consider your audience’s preferences. You don’t want to settle for a song that only you enjoy listening to. Instead, choose a song that resonates with your audience. For instance, if you are targeting younger generations, you can choose trending songs that are popular on short-form video platforms. In addition, if you have an international audience, you should select music that has a global appeal.
3. Understand Copyright Laws
Before adding any music to your IG post, you should have a clear understanding of copyright laws. Using copyrighted music without permission can get your post removed, and you can even face legal penalties. To avoid this, first, choose music from the IG library, which contains a collection of royalty-free music that is safe to use. Secondly, seek permission from the copyright owner of the music to use it in your post. Lastly, consider using original music, such as royalty-free audio clips or music that you create yourself.
It is essential to follow the rules and regulations surrounding copyright laws when choosing music for your IG post.
|Adding music to your IG post can enhance your content and help you create more compelling stories for your followers.||Using copyrighted music without permission can get your post removed, and you can even face legal penalties.|
|You can create a better connection with your audience by choosing the right music for your video.||Choosing the wrong music can distract your audience from your post’s message and decrease engagement rates.|
|Using original music can help you stand out from competition and showcase your creativity.||Creating your own music can be time-consuming and requires a certain level of skill and knowledge.|
4. Test Out Different Songs
If you’re undecided about which song to use in your IG post, try experimenting with various options. You can try selecting songs with different genres, tempos, and moods to determine which one fits best with your content. You can also try using IG’s music sticker feature to add different songs to your post preview, so your audience can listen and help you choose the right one.
5. Keep it Short and Sweet
Instagram’s video limit is 60 seconds, so your song choice should be short and sweet. Consider using the shorter version of the song or trimming it to match the video’s length. A lengthy song can bore your audience and overshadow the message of your post. Stick to using the most exciting parts of a song, such as the chorus or refrain, to keep your audience engaged.
In conclusion, music is an essential element of your IG post that can make your videos more engaging and connect better to your audience. By following these tips, you can choose the perfect song for your IG post and create compelling stories that captivate your followers.
Troubleshooting: Solutions to Common Problems When Adding Music to IG Posts
If you are trying to add music to your Instagram post, you may experience some common problems that can be frustrating. However, there are always solutions to these issues. In this article, we will examine some of the most common problems you may encounter when trying to add music to your Instagram post and provide you with the most effective solutions.
1. Unable to Find Music on Instagram
One of the most common problems when adding music to Instagram is not being able to find music within the app. To add music, you need to have an Instagram account linked to the music streaming service you are using. Here are some steps to resolve this issue:
- Check your account settings: Make sure your account is linked to the right music streaming service.
- Update the app: Check for any new updates of the app and make sure it’s running the latest version.
- Reconnect the music streaming service: Go to the app settings, disconnect the current service, and reconnect it again.
- Restart the phone: Sometimes, restarting your phone can clear out any technical errors and solve the problem.
|Simple solution||Might not work for every user|
|Address an array of issues||Not a permanent solution to the issue|
2. Music Copyright Issue
When you try to add a popular song to your Instagram post, you might run into a copyright issue. Instagram has strict policies against the use of copyrighted music. Therefore, you need to be very careful while selecting the music for your post. Here are some ways to avoid copyright issues:
- Use royalty-free music: There are many websites that offer royalty-free music for commercial use. You can use these music tracks in your Instagram post without any copyright issue.
- Use Instagram’s Music Library: Instagram has an extensive music library of songs that are free to use. Check the available list of songs and choose one that suits your post.
- Ask for permission: If you want to use a specific song, you can contact the artist or record label to ask for permission to use the song in your post. This also ensures a good connection with the community.
|Wide range of options to avoid copyright issue||The process of finding royalty-free music is time-consuming|
|Enhanced Instagram profile||Permission might not always be granted|
3. Music Volume Issue
Sometimes the music in your Instagram post sounds too quiet or too loud compared to the other audio in the post. Here are some solutions to this issue:
- Adjust the volume during the editing process: While editing your post, you can adjust the volume of music to match the audio level of the other elements in the post.
- Use audio ducking: Audio ducking is a technique that lowers the music volume whenever there is audio played in the post. This ensures that the audio is clear and easy to hear.
- Use specific audio editing tools: Use third-party audio editing tools for the mixing of audio in your post. These tools can help you to balance the audio levels throughout your Instagram post.
|Quick and easy solution||Can affect the overall audio experience|
|Helps to maintain audio balance||Some third-party audio editing tools can be expensive|
4. Music Not Syncing with Video Issue
One of the most frustrating problems when adding music to Instagram is that the music doesn’t sync with the video or stops midway. This problem can be solved with the following solutions:
- Trim and adjust the video: If the video you want to post is too long, trim it to match the length of the music. You can also adjust the video to match the beat of the music.
- Clear cache data and restart the phone: Cached data from the app might freeze and interfere with the syncing of music and video. Clear the cache data and restart your phone.
- Use a separate editing app: You can use a separate video editing app to add music to your video before uploading it onto Instagram. You will have better control over the syncing of video and music in this way.
|Better control over video editing||Can be time-consuming and complicated|
|Effective solution for video syncing||Separate editing apps can be costly|
In conclusion, adding music to your Instagram post is a creative way to express yourself and add value to your content. However, there might be some common problems when adding music to your post. By following these solutions, you can easily troubleshoot any issues you may encounter and create the perfect post for your followers to enjoy.
The Future of Music on IG: New Features and Updates to Look Out For
Instagram has always been a visual medium, but with the addition of music features, it has become an auditory one too. With music being such a vital part of our lives, it is no surprise that Instagram has added various ways to express our musical tastes on the platform. In this article, we will look at the future of music on IG: new features and updates to look out for.
1. Music in Stories
In 2018, Instagram launched Music Stickers, allowing users to add music to their stories. Users can now search for songs using the Instagram music library, which easily integrates with Spotify and Shazam. Instagram Stickers have become incredibly popular, with up to 500 million daily active users using them. This feature allows users to share their favourite music with their followers quickly.
Interestingly, research has shown that Instagram Stories with music stickers have a 20% higher likelihood of being viewed than those without music stickers. Therefore, brands and influencers have a significant support system through the Music Stickers feature, allowing them to increase their Story reach and ensure their content is being viewed.
– The sticker feature makes adding music to stories very easy and straightforward
– The music library is quite extensive, with songs distributed by various genres
– It is a free feature available to all Instagram users
– Users may get bored of seeing the same few popular songs on all Story posts
– The music library may not have songs from emerging or niche artists
2. Music in Reels
Reels are Instagram’s answer to TikTok’s popularity, allowing users to create short, 15-second videos. In line with this feature, Instagram launched the “Use Audio” tool, allowing creators to add music to their Reel videos. This functionality typically functions in the same way as the Music Stickers feature. Still, the difference is that Instagram Reels can have audio overlays, allowing users to include voiceovers and other audio layers, making it similar to TikTok.
– The audio overlay feature makes it unique compared to Music Stickers, allowing for greater creativity
– It is simple and easy to use for all Instagram users
– The music library is extensive, allowing for a broad range of options for different genres
– The audio library may not have songs from emerging or niche artists
– Reels is new to the Instagram platform and usage rates may not be as high as traditional posts or Stories.
3. Instagram Live with Music
Instagram Live is an excellent feature for engaging with loyal followers, and with the addition of music, it takes it a step further. In 2020, Instagram introduced the option for users to add music to their Instagram Live sessions. This feature allows users to play music on their Live sessions without fearing copyright issues. Instagram has partnered with a few music labels, ensuring that the vast majority of music is available to users.
Furthermore, Instagram created an option for users to donate to their favourite musicians during music Live sessions, ensuring that musicians can benefit from their Live sessions.
– It is an excellent tool for musicians to showcase their music and reach new audiences
– The donate function ensures that musicians can benefit from Live sessions, creating an additional revenue stream
– It is a free feature available to all Instagram users.
– Not all music is available to users – some niche and underground musicians may be excluded from the feature
– Users may not use the Live feature as much as they use Stories, limiting the feature’s reach
4. Music in IGTV
IGTV is Instagram’s long-form video feature, allowing users to create videos up to an hour long. In 2020, Instagram added the option to include music within IGTV videos. This feature is similar to adding music to Reels and Stories, and users can search for songs and add them as they please. However, there are some limitations such as not being able to add music to video covers and titles.
– It allows creators to add music to their long-form videos, allowing for better video quality
– The music library is comprehensive, allowing for a wide range of music options
– It is free for all Instagram users.
– Like other music features, not all music is available to the feature.
– The limitations on adding music to titles and covers may limit user creativity and engagement.
5. Music Shops and Merchandise
Instagram is a visual and auditory platform, but it is rapidly becoming a commerce platform too. Instagram has launched two new features that allow users to buy music products and merchandise featured on their favourite musician’s page. Users can get customised products, exclusive designs and collaborate with their favourite artists on merchandise.
– Musicians and artists can monetise their Instagram accounts using music merchandise, opening up diverse revenue streams.
– It allows fans to support their favourite musicians and get exclusive products
– It encourages interaction between musicians and fans beyond the music.
– Musicians have to enrol in the Merchandise feature, and not all musicians participate in the feature.
– It can also be an expensive option for fans, depending on the merchandise’s quality and material.
|Music Stickers||– Easy to use – Large music library – Free feature||– Repetitive song choices – No emerging niche artist songs|
|Music in Reels||– Audio overlay – Easy to use – Large Music Library||– No emerging niche artist songs – New to Instagram, leading to low adoption rates|
|Instagram Live with music||– Donations to musicians – Free feature – Excellent tool for musicians||– Limited music availabiity – May be less popular than Stories|
|Music in IGTV||– Allows creators to add music to long videos – Comprehensive library – Free feature||– Limits on adding music to covers and titles – Limited music availability|
|Music Shops and Merchandise||– Monetization option for musicians – Fans can buy exclusive merchandise – Collaboration between musicians and fans||– Not all musicians participate – Expensive option for fans|
In conclusion, Instagram music features are here to stay and are only going to grow in popularity. This development opens up many opportunities for musicians, brands, and influencers to increase their reach and attract new audiences. While there may be some limitations, the many benefits of using IG music features make it an ideal platform for sharing music with your audience. As more features are developed, we look forward to seeing how the music industry continues to evolve with Instagram.
FAQs: How to Add Music to IG Post
1. How do I add music to my Instagram post?
To add music to your Instagram post, simply select the “+” icon at the bottom center of the screen as if you’re going to make a new post. Then select the “Music” icon from the options available, and search the music you would like to add to your post.
2. Can I add music to my Instagram story?
Yes, you can add music to your Instagram story. Simply select the “Sticker” icon and then select the “Music” sticker icon. Alternatively, you can also add music using the “Music” feature from the Instagram app itself.
3. Can I choose any song to add to my Instagram post?
You can choose from the library of songs available on Instagram, but this might vary based on your region. You cannot add any song you want to add though. It’s important to note that you might not find some songs on the platform because of copyright issues.
4. Can I add music to my Instagram post after it has been created?
If you forgot to add music to your Instagram post, you can still edit it and add music. Go to your post, select the three dots icon in the top-right corner, and click “Edit.” This will bring up the post editor, and you can click the “Music” icon to add music.
5. How long can the music for an Instagram post be?
The music for an Instagram post can be a maximum of 60 seconds.
6. Can I add my own music to my Instagram post?
You cannot add your own music directly to Instagram, but you can link music from other sources in your Instagram Story using the “Swipe Up” feature, where you upload the music to a platform such as SoundCloud and then share the link to your Story.
7. How can I make sure my music plays perfectly on Instagram?
To make sure your music plays perfectly, ensure that the audio of your video is captured with good quality, and the volume is high enough to be easily heard. It’s also a good idea to select songs that are more popular and easily recognizable.
8. Can I add music to my Instagram post that has already been posted?
No, you cannot add music to an Instagram post that has already been posted. But you can edit the post and then add the music.
9. Can I add music to the background of a live stream on Instagram?
No, you cannot add background music to a live stream on Instagram.
10. Can I add different songs to different parts of an Instagram video?
No, you cannot add different songs to different parts of an Instagram video. If you want to add different songs to different parts of your video, you will need to edit it outside of Instagram and then upload it to Instagram with the music already included.
Adding music to your Instagram post can be a great way to increase engagement and make them more enjoyable. By following the simple steps above, you can quickly and easily add music to your posts and stories. It’s important to remember that Instagram has different rules per region regarding music licensing, so be mindful of the songs you choose to add. After reading this article, make sure you double-check your posts and stories to see if there’s anything you missed. Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check out other interesting articles on our website!