Welcome to the world of technology where everything is possible, including adding hold music to your iPhone. If you’re tired of listening to the same old phone default ringtone every time you are put on hold, then this article is exactly what you need. I understand the problem, and I’m here to help you out by showing you the different ways you can add hold music to your iPhone. Trust me, you won’t regret giving this article a read!
By reading this article, you can expect to have a better hold music experience on your iPhone. You will learn how to choose and create your own music playlist while on hold. I will make it easy for you by showing you step-by-step how you can add your preferred music to your iPhone using different methods. No more frustration listening to the same monotonous hold music while calling customer service – you will now have your own music playing in the background, melting your stress away.
The solution to adding hold music to your iPhone is simple, and it has been tried and proven. All you need is a few minutes of your time, a little bit of patience, and an internet connection. I will show you the different ways you can add music to your iPhone, including using iTunes, Apple Music, and Spotify. With these options, you’ll be able to create your own unique playlist and have it play on your iPhone when you’re put on hold. It’s time to make the most out of hold music, and I’m going to make it happen for you. So, let’s get started and discover how to add hold music to your iPhone!
How to Customize Your iPhone Hold Music
Have you ever felt like the hold music on your iPhone was dull and boring? Did you know that you can customize it to make it more interesting and professional sounding? In this article, we will show you how to customize your iPhone hold music to make it more unique and enjoyable.
Understanding Hold Music on iPhone
When you place a call on hold on your iPhone, the person on the other end will hear music or sound while they wait for you to return to the call. By default, the iPhone provides a few options for hold music, but these can be limited in terms of variety and quality. Fortunately, you can customize your hold music using a few simple steps.
Choose Your Hold Music
The first step to customizing your iPhone hold music is to choose the type of music you want to use. Apple provides several soundtracks that you can use, but they can be limited in terms of variety and style. Thankfully, there are several options available to you.
- Use an existing song: You can use any song that is already on your iPhone as hold music. To do this, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone > Tone Store, or use a music streaming service to choose a song.
- Download a ringtone or sound effect: You can purchase or download sounds from the App Store, which can include anything from music to funny sound effects.
- Create your own sound: If you’re musically inclined or have access to music editing software, you can create your own sound or music to use as hold music.
Customize Your Hold Music Settings
Once you have chosen the type of music you want to use, it’s time to customize your hold music settings. Here are the steps to do this:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Phone.
- Select Call Audio Routing.
- Choose your preferred audio source for hold music.
- Select the ringtone or sound effect that you want to use as hold music.
- Exit the Settings app.
You can also customize the volume level for your hold music by adjusting the volume slider in the same settings menu.
Pros and Cons of Customizing iPhone Hold Music
Customizing your iPhone hold music can have both advantages and disadvantages. Here is a table that outlines some of the pros and cons of customizing your hold music:
|Personalized hold music can set your business apart from competitors and make a lasting impression on customers.||Choosing inappropriate or unprofessional music can reflect poorly on your business and deter customers.|
|Customized hold music can help to entertain and distract customers while they wait, making the wait time feel shorter.||Choosing overly complex music or audio can be distracting and annoying for customers.|
|Using existing or popular music can help to establish a connection with customers based on shared musical tastes.||Using copyrighted music without permission can result in legal action.|
Real World Examples
Many businesses have found success in customizing their iPhone hold music. For example, the clothing company Buckle uses upbeat and energetic music with a different genre every month to keep customers engaged and entertained. Similarly, the home goods store Bed Bath & Beyond uses classical music to create a relaxing and sophisticated atmosphere for customers.
In contrast, some businesses have faced criticism for their hold music choices. For example, game developer Capcom received backlash from fans when they used hold music that contained spoilers for their upcoming game. Another company, Verizon, was criticized for using an ear-piercing beep as hold music that made customers want to hang up the phone.
Customizing your iPhone hold music can be a quick and simple way to add a professional and unique touch to your business’s customer service experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can choose the right type of music, customize your settings, and avoid any potential pitfalls. Who knew that something as simple as hold music could have such an impact on customers?
The Benefits of Adding Hold Music to Your iPhone
If you’re running a business, chances are that you’ll need to put someone on hold every once in a while. Whether you’re answering calls from customers, clients, or colleagues, you’ll want to make sure that their time on hold is as enjoyable as possible. Adding hold music to your iPhone can have a range of benefits, from keeping callers calm and patient to promoting your brand.
Keeps Callers Calm and Patient
No one likes being put on hold, especially if they’re trying to get something done quickly. Without hold music, the silence can almost be deafening, making the wait feel much longer than it actually is. Adding music to your phone’s hold feature can help ease the tension and stress that customers can experience when put on hold. Music provides a comforting, calming sound that can help a caller feel more at ease while they wait.
If you’ve ever had to put someone on hold, you know how important it is to keep them calm and patient. Whether someone is calling with a problem or just needs some information, they want to be heard and helped as quickly as possible. Hold music can help keep their stress levels down, making it easier for you to help them in a timely manner.
Promotes Your Brand
Hold music is an excellent way to promote your brand when callers are on hold, and can help reinforce your brand’s messaging. Your music selection can align with your brand and the message you want to convey. This can make a big impression on your callers and create a positive association with your brand that can last long after the call has ended.
You can use hold music to play branded jingles, ads, or messages while a caller is on hold. This can be an effective promotional tool that can increase brand awareness and help build brand loyalty. By integrating such messages while customers are waiting, it can remind them of what your business does and the unique value your products or services provide.
Pros and Cons of Adding Hold Music to Your iPhone
Before you add hold music to your iPhone, you should consider some of the pros and cons involved. While hold music can have many benefits, there are also a few drawbacks to consider.
How to Add Hold Music to Your iPhone
Adding hold music to your iPhone is fairly simple. Here’s a quick guide on how to get started:
- Choose the right music: Find a music track or song that you think will best suit your brand and message.
- Add the music: You can add the music to your iPhone either by saving the file from another device, downloading it from the App Store or other websites, or via a streaming service.
- Set up your iPhone: Go to your iPhone settings and click on “Sounds & Haptics”. Scroll down until you see “Ringtone and Honk tones” and click on “Call Waiting Musicon“
- Choose your music: Select the music or tone you’d like to use for call waiting.
- Test the music: Call yourself from another phone to check how it sounds and whether the volume levels are appropriate.
Real-world Examples of Adding Hold Music to Your iPhone
Let’s explore some real-world examples of businesses that have effectively added hold music to their iPhones:
One example is Starbucks. When you’re put on hold by Starbucks, you’ll hear a selection of jazz music. This music helps set an ambiance that aligns very well with their overall brand image.
Another example is Virgin America. When callers are put on hold, they’ll hear a DJ with a voiceover that tells them about upcoming deals and promotions. This upbeat tone sets the right mood for their brand and can help build brand loyalty by conveying what customers should expect next.
Adding hold music to your iPhone helps satisfy customer’s needs and promote your brand. Now that you know the benefits, cons, and proper steps, you can design the perfect hold music strategy for your enterprise.
Best Places to Find Hold Music for Your iPhone
When it comes to finding the best hold music for your iPhone, you have a plethora of options available. In this article, we will discuss the top three places to find the best hold music for your iPhone that will impress your callers and keep them entertained while they’re on hold.
1. Royalty-Free Music Websites
Royalty-free music refers to music that is licensed for use without the need for the user to pay royalties for every use or copy. The following are some of the best royalty-free music websites to find hold music for your iPhone:
- AudioJungle: AudioJungle is a leading marketplace for royalty-free music and audio tracks. You can find a wide variety of music genres on this site, including corporate, jazz, funk, and many more.
- PremiumBeat: If you want high-quality music tracks for your hold music, PremiumBeat is an excellent choice. They offer a vast collection of professionally-produced music tracks for various genres, including rock, pop, electronic, and more.
- YouTube Audio Library: YouTube Audio Library is a free audio library that offers an extensive collection of free music tracks, sound effects, and audio snippets that are perfect for hold music. You can search for music by genre, mood, instrument, or duration.
If you choose to use royalty-free music for your hold music, it’s crucial to ensure that you have the proper license for commercial use.
2. Stock Music Websites
Stock music websites are another excellent source of hold music for your iPhone. These sites offer high-quality, pre-produced music tracks that can be used for various purposes, including on-hold music. The following are some of the top stock music websites to consider:
- Musicbed: Musicbed is a website that offers premium-quality music tracks for a variety of purposes, including hold music. They offer various genres of music, including cinematic, acoustic, and electronic.
- Killer Tracks: Killer Tracks is a great source for high-quality, pre-produced music tracks that can be used for hold music. They offer a vast collection of music tracks suitable for any business or industry.
- Pond5: Pond5 is another popular stock music website that offers music tracks for various purposes, including hold music. They have an extensive library of music tracks in various genres, including classical, jazz, and pop.
The benefit of using stock music websites for your hold music is that the music tracks are already created and ready to use, so you don’t have to worry about licensing or legal issues.
3. Custom Hold Music Providers
Custom hold music providers offer a unique solution for businesses that want to create a branded experience for their customers. With custom hold music, you can create music tracks that reflect your brand’s style and values, which can be a valuable marketing tool. Some of the top custom hold music providers include:
- Premier Audio Services: Premier Audio Services is a custom hold music provider that offers personalized hold music tracks that reflect your brand’s style and values. They work with you to create a custom track that best represents your business.
- MightyCall: MightyCall is a full-featured virtual phone system that offers custom hold music as part of their services. You can upload your own hold music or use their pre-loaded music
- iHold Music: iHold Music is a custom hold music provider that offers personalized hold music tracks that are tailored to your business’s specific needs. You can choose from various genres of music, including music with or without vocals.
The benefit of using custom hold music providers is that you can create a branded experience for your customers that can have a significant impact on your business’s overall image.
|Comparison Chart||Royalty-Free Websites||Stock Music Websites||Custom Hold Music Providers|
|Cost||Varies – some free options available||Varies – can be expensive||Varies – can be expensive|
|Customization||Can be limited||Pre-made tracks – little customization||Highly customizable|
|Licensing||Need to ensure proper license for commercial use||No need for licensing – pre-produced tracks||No licensing required – custom tracks|
In conclusion, the above-listed places are some of the best places to find hold music for your iPhone. Whether you choose royalty-free music websites, stock music websites, or custom hold music providers, you can find a solution that fits your business’s needs and creates a positive experience for your customers.
How to Create Your Own Hold Music
When it comes to creating your own hold music, the possibilities are endless. You can choose from a variety of genres such as classical, jazz, pop, or even create your own. It’s important to choose music that represents your brand or company, and that will keep your customers engaged and entertained while they wait.
Choose the Music Genre
Choosing the right genre for your hold music is crucial. The genre you choose should reflect your brand or company’s values and personality. For example, a law firm might opt for classical music, while a wellness center might choose calming spa music. Choose a genre that aligns with your target audience and speaks to their interests.
Research Copyright Laws
Before adding hold music to your iPhone, it’s important to research copyright laws. You can’t just use any song without permission, as this could result in fines or legal action. There are several options available for licensing music, including contacting the copyright owner directly, or using licensed music sources such as AudioJungle, PremiumBeat, or Shutterstock.
Record Your Own Music
One way to ensure you have original hold music is by recording your own music. If you have a band or musicians in your company, this can be a great way to showcase their talents and create original music that represents your brand. You can also use online resources such as GarageBand or Audacity to create your own music or remix existing songs.
Hire a Professional Composer
If you don’t have the resources or time to create your own music, hiring a professional composer can be a great option. A composer can work with you to create bespoke hold music that aligns with your brand values and reflects your company’s personality. They can also ensure that the music is properly licensed and complies with copyright laws.
The Pros and Cons of DIY Hold Music
- Customization: DIY hold music provides an opportunity to customize the music to align with your company’s brand and personality.
- Cost-effective: Creating your own music or using licensed music sources can be cost-effective compared to hiring a professional composer or licensing existing music.
- Originality: By creating your own music or working with a composer, you can ensure that your hold music is original and unique to your brand.
- Time-consuming: Creating your own music or researching licensed music sources can be time-consuming.
- Quality: If you don’t have the resources, time, or knowledge to create high-quality hold music, the end result may not meet your expectations.
- Copyright laws: Ensuring that your hold music complies with copyright laws can be complicated and may require legal support.
Comparing Hold Music Options
|DIY Hold Music||Licensed Music||Professional Composer|
|Compliance with Copyright Laws||Complicated||Easy||Easy|
Ultimately, the choice of hold music for your iPhone will depend on your budget, resources, and the amount of time you have available. It’s important to choose music that reflects your brand and speaks to your audience’s interests, while also ensuring that you comply with copyright laws.
Troubleshooting: Common Issues When Adding Hold Music to iPhone
If you’re having trouble adding hold music to your iPhone, you’re not alone. Many iPhone users have encountered issues when trying to add custom or pre-built music to their devices. In this section, we’ll explore some common problems and how to fix them.
The Music File Won’t Play
This is one of the most common problems when adding hold music to the iPhone. You may have chosen a file format that’s not supported by your device, or the file may be corrupted.
- Check the file format – Make sure the music file is in a format that’s supported by the iPhone. The most common file formats are MP3, WAV, and M4A.
- Try a different file – If the file you’re trying to use is corrupted, try a different file instead.
- Check the file size – Large files may take longer to load, so make sure you’re not trying to use a file that’s too big.
- Use an audio converter – If the file isn’t in the right format, you can use an audio converter to convert the file into a supported format.
The Music Volume Is Too Low or Too High
A common issue when using hold music on the iPhone is that the volume may be too low or too high. If the volume is too low, callers may not be able to hear the music, while if it’s too high, they may be overwhelmed.
- Adjust the volume – You can adjust the volume of the hold music in the iPhone’s settings. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringer and Alerts, then adjust the volume slider for “Change with Buttons”.
- Choose a different track – If the volume of your current track is too low or high, try a different one with better volume levels.
- Use a music app – There are numerous free and paid music apps that you can use to select a good quality track that is loud enough to play when your callers are put on hold.
The Music Doesn’t Continue to Play
You may have chosen a track that’s too short or the wrong format, resulting in the music stopping abruptly or not playing again when the call is placed on hold.
- Choose a longer track – Select a longer track that’s at least 30 seconds or longer.
- Choose a track with a smooth loop – A loop should be seamless, and the transition from the end of the track to the beginning should not be noticeable. Choose music that has been designed for hold music purposes.
- Try a different file format – If the track is still not playing continuously, try a different file format. The most commonly used file format for hold music is WAV.
The iPhone Keeps Disabling the Hold Music
If a new iOS system updates, this may cause background apps to shut down, and the music may stop playing abruptly. You may want to check that the app permissions are set to always allow background usage.
- Check the app permissions – Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and toggle it on. Click on the app that you use to store your hold music, and make sure it is set to “Always”.
- Reinstall the music player – If the above steps don’t work, try uninstalling your current music player and reinstalling it. This may sometimes solve the issue.
- Change the hold music file encoding – Change the file encoding to something that the iPhone recognizes easily, such as 128Kbps or 256Kbps encoded MP3 files. This may solve the problem effectively
The Music Quality Is Poor
The quality of the hold music can significantly affect the caller experience. Poor quality sound makes the music unappealing, and call wait times may seem longer than they are.
- Choose a good quality music file – Choose a music file that is high quality so that the caller can enjoy their waiting experience.
- Use a professional hold music service – There are plenty of professional hold music services that provide music that’s optimized for phone systems. These services can give you access to a good quality library of music that is updated frequently.
- Use a music app – With the help of a music app, you can find royalty-free and high-quality music tracks that are perfect for your hold music needs.
By keeping these common issues in mind while adding hold music to your iPhone, you would have a much better chance of achieving a smooth-sailing experience for your staff and customers while they are on hold.
FAQs: How to Add Hold Music to iPhone
1. How do I add hold music to my iPhone?
To add hold music to your iPhone, you need to open the Settings app, select Sounds & Haptics, tap on Ringtone, and then select a song from your Music library as your ringtone. You can also download a specific tone or song from the iTunes Store to use as your hold music.
2. What app can I use to add hold music to my iPhone?
There are several apps available on the App Store that offer a variety of hold music options. You can search for “hold music” or “music on hold” and choose the app that suits your needs.
3. Can I use a third-party app to add hold music to my iPhone?
Yes, you can use third-party apps to add hold music to your iPhone. However, make sure to research and read reviews before downloading any app to ensure that it is reliable and safe to use.
4. How do I customize my hold music on iPhone?
To customize your hold music on iPhone, you need to follow the same steps as adding a ringtone. Select a song from your Music library or purchase a specific tone from the iTunes Store, then set it as your ringtone in the Sounds & Haptics settings.
5. Can I use a specific part of a song as hold music on iPhone?
Yes, you can select a specific part of a song to use as your hold music on iPhone. You can do this by trimming the song in the Music app and then setting the trimmed portion as your ringtone in the Sounds & Haptics settings.
6. How do I remove the default hold music on iPhone?
To remove the default hold music on iPhone, you need to go to the Settings app, select Sounds & Haptics, and then choose the option for “None” under the Ringtone section.
7. Can I use a recorded message as hold music on iPhone?
No, you cannot use a recorded message as hold music on iPhone. You can only use songs or tones that are available in your Music library or purchased from the iTunes Store as your hold music.
8. How do I change my hold music back to default on iPhone?
To change your hold music back to default on iPhone, you need to follow the same steps as removing the default hold music. Go to the Settings app, select Sounds & Haptics, and then choose the option for “Marimba” or any other default ringtone under the Ringtone section.
9. Can I use different hold music for different callers on iPhone?
No, you cannot use different hold music for different callers on iPhone. The hold music will be the same for all incoming calls, unless you change it in the Sounds & Haptics settings.
10. How do I make sure that my hold music is legally licensed to use?
If you are using a song or tone from your Music library, it is assumed that you have legally obtained the music. If you are purchasing a specific tone or song from the iTunes Store or using a third-party app, make sure to read the terms and conditions to ensure that the music is legally licensed to use.
If you want to add hold music to your iPhone, you can choose from several options such as using a song from your Music library, downloading a specific tone from the iTunes Store, or using a third-party app. It is important to make sure that the music you are using is legally licensed to use. Once you have selected your hold music, you can customize it and set it as your ringtone in the Sounds & Haptics settings. Remember that the hold music will be the same for all incoming calls, unless you change it. With these tips, you can add customized and legal hold music to your iPhone with ease.
After reading this article, make sure to choose the best option that suits your needs and preferences. Ensure that the music is legally licensed to use, and customize it as desired. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Apple Support or visit the Apple Community for more information. Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check out our other interesting articles!